Menu
Hostel or cheap hotel in Leshan?
Feb 20, 2010 08:56
  • JENMARIE
Does anyone know if there are any hostels in Leshan? If so, is there a way to book them from abroad? I've tried all of the hostel sites, but can't find any entries for Leshan. If there are no hostels, how about cheap hotels? I don't really care about the atmosphere, as long as it is reasonably clean. I found a few online, but the reviews were all in Chinese and there were no prices listed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Feb 23, 2010 18:36
  • ELLYSE
What price range is your "cheap"? When would you be staying?
Most people find it sufficient to do a daytrip from Chengdu.
Feb 25, 2010 18:53
  • JENMARIE
I was thinking between 150-180 RMB for one night. I was planning to use it as a one-night stop on my way from Chengdu to EmeiShan. Does Leshan have enough charm to justify an overnight stay? Or would we do better to go on to EmeiShan that same night? (That would give us 3 nights at EmeiShan.)

Thanks for your advice.
Mar 17, 2010 12:53
  • ELLYSE
I think staying at Chengdu for that night might be simpler. Leshan doesn't seem to be more interesting than Chengdu, especially at night. :)
Mar 18, 2010 11:43
  • JABAROOTOO
I spent one night in Leshan and enjoyed the sunset over the river, beer (with ice) and BBQ. It has a totally different atmosphere to Emei and worth the stop on the way through. we got touted by a pedicab driver at the station who took us to a nice clean little hotel barely off the mains street for Y100 for twin. It was a another bus ride to the River and view of the BIG Buddha and you can probably find something closer if you wanted too. Most popular Chinese cities have a much better range of cheaper boutique hotels these days.

Read my Travel Review for more info and best way to view the Buddha
Post a Reply to: Hostel or cheap hotel in Leshan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code