Menu
F-Visa- Can Family be Included?
Mar 5, 2010 21:38
  • TREBOR587
I have been assigned to work on a project in Shanghai for ~3 months. My company will issue me an invitation letter, and I assume that I will get an F-visa. I would like to bring my wife and son with me for the entire trip, but my company is not willing to add them to my offer letter. What are my options for getting them to China for the entire trip?
Mar 9, 2010 06:40
  • LEMONCACTUS
Probably your best bet, if the company won't help you, is to get your wife and son over on tourist visas. Hard to say if they'll be issued anything longer than a 1 month visa - you can only try. You can usually renew a tourist visa once in China, for another month - or it might be possible to get a longer extension if you have the right connections/help. At least they can be with you for 2 of the 3 months.

LC
Mar 10, 2010 01:45
  • WING
Dear Sir

Please let me know what's your nationality, your family can enter China with L visa, and extend 1 to 3 months L visa at immigration of shanghai very easy, if you are come from occident.

Wing
Mar 16, 2010 04:14
  • SMILE1212
You can ask for a agent's help and it's easy to solve your visa problem .we can do the invitation letter for your family and then they can take it to apply for the F visa ,for any question ,you can contact me ,and we also have an office in shanghai .

Amanda
Mar 17, 2010 11:04
  • JABAROOTOO
Apply for 6 months L visa for accompanying family members. They will have to leave after three months and re-enter.

I have this information on good authority from PSB Dept. Head in my province.
Post a Reply to: F-Visa- Can Family be Included?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code