Menu
Two Xinjiang Men Charged with Murder by Stoning
Mar 8, 2010 17:17
  • JSUMMERS83
They were charged with murder by stoning and yet this case will receive very little media interest. Their story, however, highlights just how serious Xinjiang is in preserving another one of its minorities...the snow leopard.

What do you think about China's efforts to preserve the declining population of snow leopards. Harsh or too lenient?

Mar 11, 2010 03:55
  • JIMMYB
I am thinking if they knew the animal they killed was a snow leopard. If they knew, then they deserved the punishment. If not, I think the punishment was too heavy. See, they were sentenced to 8 to 10 years imprisonment.
Mar 14, 2010 21:32
  • JSUMMERS83
Actually, one of them was sentenced to 8 years, the other to 10 years. I can't quite figure out why one was given two more years than the other. Seems a bit odd to me.
Sep 14, 2010 12:53
  • OSMAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSUMMERS83 View Post

They were charged with murder by stoning and yet this case will receive very little media interest. Their story, however, highlights just how serious Xinjiang is in preserving another one of its minorities...the snow leopard.

What do you think about China's efforts to preserve the declining population of snow leopards. Harsh or too lenie...

Do you think it is suitable using the word murdering to the hunting?
Do use the little beautifull words on it.people say it hunting. i wondered after i see murdered, even killing thousands people in the war we are not taking it is murdering,take it war....like in Afighanistan.....
Post a Reply to: Two Xinjiang Men Charged with Murder by Stoning
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code