Menu
stay in Tong Li??
Mar 14, 2010 17:15
guest01195 NihÄo!

We are a group of 3 leaving Shanghai on Monday, April 26, and we want to go straight to TongLi, spend the day and night, then leave the next day to Suzhou, spend day and 1 night, and then next day take a train back to Shanghai, where we have a reservation at the Astor for our last night in China. We will be leaving most of our luggage at the Astor, but I am wondering if it is smart to just take a tourist bus from Shanghai to TongLi, or first go to Suzhou by train, then bus to TongLi. Also, any recommendations of where to stay in TongLi for 1 night, and the next night in Suzhou....

xiexie

Howard
Mar 17, 2010 19:38
  • APAPAS
Getting one of the tourist buses that leave Shanghai for Suzhou is not that difficult. In Suzhou there are a number of hostels that you can stay in. Jasmine hostel has quite a good reputation. Unless you really want to stay there, you could just spend the day in Tongli, and travel back to Shanghai late in the afternoon.
Mar 23, 2010 14:19
  • ELLYSE
It's nice to stay in Tongli, really. I would definitely recommend a night there unless your itinerary/schedule makes it impossible.
I would prefer to go by D train to Suzhou, then taxi to Tongli, and back the same way. Don't bother with the "sightseeing buses" from Shanghai Stadium, these are a package deal and includes the return bus which you won't be using, and besides why be tied to their schedule?
Of course you could also hire a vehicle and driver but that would be a lot more expensive.
For accommodation, what's your budget like?
You can email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: stay in Tong Li??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code