Menu
One-day stop in Chengdu
Mar 18, 2010 06:00
  • ROBERTO1
It may sound a bit strange, I know, spending one day in Chengdu in between two flights: I shall arrive at 9.30 am in the morning and newly board at 9.20 pm same day. Almost ten hours to visit the town. I would like to go to Leshan. Do you think that is convenient, easy and worth? Are there any buses from the airport they directly run to the nearest long distance bus-station? Otherwise suggest me alternative sightseeings please.
Lastly, is the subway ready to use by the end of this month? Thankssss!
Mar 18, 2010 11:34
  • JABAROOTOO
How good is your Chinese.

Chengdu airport is 45 mins from the centre of town and the Airport Shuttle drops off somewhere near the the bus to Leshan which is less than 2 hours away. It is a doable trip and the best way to see the BIG Buddha is as I have described in my Travel Review.

It's worth the visit, you have time but you will need to know what you are doing all the same. Be well prepared.
Mar 20, 2010 09:46
GUEST87104 Thank you for your details! The shuttle bus you mean is the one which stops at Minshan Hotel from the airport?
From there a walk or a taxi to Xinnanmen bus station?
....what do you exactly mean for 'you will need what you are doing'? Visiting the Giant Buddha is not as enough as an aim?
Assuming I shall have some time left after Leshan which part of Chengdu is also worth visiting?
Xiéxié
Mar 21, 2010 09:13
  • ELLYSE
Personally I would opt to see the pandas first, then Chengdu city; rather than Leshan.
Mar 21, 2010 10:04
GUEST48316 Is that much easier? Let me have details on how to reach the spot.
Mar 23, 2010 03:54
  • ELLYSE
Take a taxi for the pandas. The rest would depend on where you want to go. Don't miss the Sichuan hotpot as well!
Post a Reply to: One-day stop in Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code