Menu
Looking for travel partners to Huangshan in late May, 05
Mar 8, 2005 18:12
  • MARTOGLIO
My husband & I are planning to go to Huangshan and the surrounding area for some 5 days. We will be going from Shanghai to Huangshan. After visiting Huangshan, we would like to visit the histrorical villages around there.

My husband is a Swiss, speaks German & English. I am a Chinese. I can orgnise the trip & can be the translator for the trip. I would like to find some English or German speakers to travel together.
Mar 12, 2005 11:23
  • ANDYI
I am an Australian who finishes his job mid May and would also like to see Huangshan. I speak English, some Chinese but no German.

At present I am living in Dong Guan city GuangDong.

If it is possible to do some hiking or overnight camping that would be great.

If either of you are into rockclimbing that would be even better.

My timetable is fairly open in May, but I would like to get to Sichuan in early June.

Let me know if you have some dates in mind.

Andrew
Mar 14, 2005 16:31
  • MARTOGLIO
Dear Andrew, thank you very much for the reply.

Both my husband & I like hiking, but do not like camping too much, and never done any rockclimbing.

I did a bit study of Huangshan & the little villiages around Huangshan, and found the following route which will enable us to see the nature & the local culture.

We can follow this internary, not necessary to book the tour with the tour agent though.

Schedule, tentatively, we would like to be leaving shanghai for Huangshan on the 24th/25th.

I should be able to give you a firm schedule when I have the flight details from Zurich to Shanghai.

Sharon

Mar 15, 2005 11:02
  • ANDYI
Ok.

I will wait for your schedule to see how it fits with my plans for seeing some other places, at the moment that seems OK.

Andrew
Mar 16, 2005 14:56
  • FANG
hi, friends

Welcome to huangshan! you can looking for travel partners in youth hostel, and you can get more informations about huagnshan mountain & around area. For example, you have to get a special permission for foriegn peoples if you want go to Hongcun & Xidi.

Please contact us if you have any questions about huangshan area. www.yhahuangshan.com
Mar 19, 2005 04:04
  • HENNESSY
hi, i went to huangshan this summer but with a tour so i only have very limited infos, all i know is there is an hotel in huangshan city, the one where i went was about 600 yuans a night for a rather good double bedroom, and there is one on the mountain itself and you can get cheaper prices for rooms of 6.
what i suggest you is to take a tour it will cost you much less, for example i went from wenzhou to huangshan with an agency, it included the bus trip, 2 nights in huangshan city,1 night on the mountain, all the meals (3 a day), a guide and a few visits in the city (jade, Ming village, zoo...) and it costed 800 yuans. but then if you dont take money into consideration it is better you go on your own because as usual on a tour you are not free to stay as long as you want where you want.
by the way, i have no idea of the temperature during this period but if you walk early be careful if it is frozen because at some parts there are no protection barriers so nothing stops you from actually falling in 10 or 20 meters ravines (and i really do mean 10 or 20 meters).
oops i just finished writting all this and saw you are chinese so i guess what i wrote wont really help you, anyway you should enjoy the trip it is really nice and peaceful.
Apr 11, 2005 19:10
  • MARTOGLIO
Andrew,

We will take the overnight train from Shanghai to Huangshan on the 24th, arriving Huangshan 8:50 am on the 2nd day.

D1, Visit Hongcun, Xidi, overnight in Tangkou
D2, walk up to Huangshan, overnight on the top
D3, come down to Huangshan city, old street, etc
D4, We are flying to beijing

FYI: I have got a quotation from Huangshan CTTS, the hotel costs some 620/room/night on the top of the mountain, in Tangkou & Huangshan city, hotel is around rmb300.

I will be in Guangzhou between 10 - 13th for a trade show. If you decide to join us, maybe we could meet up.

Sharon

Post a Reply to: Looking for travel partners to Huangshan in late May, 05
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code