Menu
How to get to Wuxi from Shanghai?
Mar 19, 2010 09:01
guestDiva Hi,
This is my second trip to Shanghai. I heard from people that the biggest textile market nearby Shanghai is in Wuxi? I'm staying at soffitel (people's park area), Could anyone tell me how to get to Wu Xi from my hotel? I'm not in hurry, so I'm planning on taking train or bus.
other thing , Is there any other big textile market nearby Shanghai? My first trip I went to lu jia bang lu and qi bu lu but it isn't quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for really big textile market. Plz help. Thank You :)
Mar 21, 2010 01:29
  • LIONPOWER
Shanghai to Wuxi have D-train every hour, have bus and other train too. It is a journey of hour from Shanghai.
Suzhou city good for textile market, many town under Suzhou deals with these items.
Suzhou in between Wuxi and Shanghai.
Mar 21, 2010 09:17
  • ELLYSE
Keqiao district of Shaoxing city, in Zhejiang district, perhaps?
There're a lot of D trains between Shanghai and Wuxi. Trains leave from Shanghai main train station.
Mar 22, 2010 09:42
GUESTSOFIE Thank you for quick reply :)

If in su zhou, what is the market name (in mandarin and pinyin plz :))

and if in Wu Xi what is the market name?

The train leave from Shanghai huo che zhan or Shanghai Nan zhan? Which do you think better? Should I go to Su Zhou or Wu Xi? I'm affraid I only able to visit 1 place:(
Mar 22, 2010 23:41
  • WONDERLING66
i think SuZhou will better

If you go to SuZhou, you should take train at Shanghai south railway station.(shanghai Nan Zhan)
Mar 23, 2010 04:04
  • ELLYSE
Just a minor correction. "Mandarin" refers to one of the spoken forms of Chinese. If you're looking for the written script, it's Chinese characters.
Trains to Wuxi and Suzhou will leave from Shanghai main train station. Trains to Suzhou do NOT leave from Shanghai South train station, please!!!
I see that you've chosen to ignore my suggestion of Keqiao. Hmph?!
Mar 23, 2010 10:20
GUESTSOFIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE View Post

Just a minor correction. "Mandarin" refers to one of the spoken forms of Chinese. If you're looking for the written script, it's Chinese characters.
Trains to Wuxi and Suzhou will leave from Shanghai main train station. Trains to Suzhou do NOT leave from Shanghai South train station, please!!!
I see that you've chosen to ignore my sugges...

Oops...sorry Elsye ^^
Cause I'm pretty confuse here, that's mean there is 3 places for textile market nearby shanghai is it? In Su Zhou, Wu Xi, and Ke Qiao? Can you help me with the name of the textile market in Su Zhou and Wuxi. If in Ke Qiao, how to get there? Is it less far than Shanghai-Su Zhou? Many Thank's :)
Mar 23, 2010 18:53
  • WONDERLING66
Yes, Ellyse is right

Trains to Wuxi and Suzhou will leave from Shanghai main train station. Trains to Suzhou do NOT leave from Shanghai South train station.

Mar 24, 2010 00:54
  • ELLYSE
Keqiao is a district of Shaoxing city, in Zhejiang province. Suzhou and Wuxi are both cities in Jiangsu province. However I don't know the names or locations of the textile markets.
Suzhou is closer than Keqiao. However I thought Keqiao is more prominent for textiles than Suzhou is.
To get to Keqiao from Shanghai, take a D train or long-distance bus Shanghai -- Shaoxing and then a taxi to Keqiao. It would be wise to know where exactly you're going in Keqiao so that the driver can know where to drop you!
Mar 24, 2010 04:27
GUESTSOFIE Thank you Ellyse for the brief explanation.
So anyone know the market name in Ke Qiao? or maybe the chinese character and pinyin that I can show to the cab driver? Thx:)
Mar 24, 2010 04:54
  • ELLYSE
Try this one: 绍兴柯桥纺织城
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to get to Wuxi from Shanghai?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code