Menu
China to where for renewing visa ?
Mar 20, 2010 03:03
  • PETERCC0
I have to travel from China, Beijing, to another country to renew my L spousal visa, where is the quickest, cheapest and easiest country to do this ?
I am currently granted a further 3 months by the PSB which will expire the end of June.
Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Peter in Tonghua, Jilin Prov.
Mar 24, 2010 23:32
  • DODGER
Peter, an L spousal visa can be renewed in Beijing.
There are usually for 12 months with multiple entries.
Dodger.
Mar 27, 2010 01:21
  • PETERCC0
Hi Dodger,

Could you expand on your reply please, the local PSB in Tonghua are advising I have to leave the country on the expiry of this visa and apply for another visa at a Chinese embassy in 'another country'.

Thanks
Peter
Mar 27, 2010 04:07
  • DODGER
Peter, I have an L visa. I have just renewed it for the third time in Beijing (this month) without having to leave the country.
Again, I was given one with multiple entries.
I applied on the last day that the visa expired. . I sent someone in four days later to pick it up.
Maybe you need to apply in Beijing?

Cheers, Doger.
Mar 29, 2010 03:31
  • PETERCC0
Hi Dodger,

Sorry to be a pain, new inside China ( now 4 months ) and still trying to get to grips with procedures, haha.

Where in Beijing do I go to renew my visa without leaving the country ?
Beijing PSB office ? Address ?
Or somewhwere else ?
I have today received my L visa for another 3 months and again the local PSB tell me, (a) You can only have 3 month at a time, and (b) Next time you have to go to another country and renew for 3 months and then the local PSB will renew again locally only for 3 months then 'outside country' again.

Hoping you can help out again, all the best.
Peter
Mar 29, 2010 06:05
  • DODGER
Peter, try this.
L Visa Application
Procedures of L Visa Application for Family Reunion with Relatives Residing in Beijing
A、 Applicants
Foreign Citizens over60 (included) with no next-of-kin abroad coming to join their relatives residing in Beijing.
B、 Application Documents
1. Passport with current visa
2. Registration Form of Temporary Residence in Beijing
3. Visa or Residence Permit Application Form
4. A recent 2-inch photo with white or light blue background
5. ID card, Household Register of the relative for those visiting Chinese citizens residing in Beijing; or Foreign Citizen Permanent Resident Card for those visiting the card holder
6. Notarised Certificate of Kinship
7. Notarised testimonial that the applicant has no next-of-kin abroad,
8. Notarised certificate of the applicant’s source of income, or financial guarantee by the relative,
9. Notarised Lease Agreement or Ownership Certificate of the applicant or the relative.

Note:
Photocopies and originals of the above listed documents are required; notarisation by local Chinese Consulates is required for certificate issued abroad; all certificates in a language other than English need to be translated into Chinese by a translation agency.
Those who originally had Chinese citizenship but now have a foreign passport need to cancel their Chinese ID and household registration beforehand.

C、 Term of Validity
Visas good for 6 or 12 months with zero/single/double/multi entries are issued with no limit to the number of reapplications.

D、 Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite documents will take five working days, not including Saturday or the application is submitted.

E、 Office Hours
08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Saturday

F、 Address
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing
(Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road)

Dodger.
Mar 29, 2010 06:21
  • BJLEEO
Normally, foreigners need to renew their spouse visas (visiting relative L visas) in the Chinese spouse's hukou place.

If not in the hukou city, your Chinese spouse needs to provide the registration booklet (just like the registration form done by foreigners). And sometimes, only 6-month L visa will be granted, instead of 1-year L visa.

If your spouse and you don't stay for a long time in Beijing, it will be hard for you to renew your L visa in Beijing.

You'd better ask your wife to find some "friends" to help. And have it done in Tonghua, Jilin province. Sometimes "friends" can help even when the authority say no to you, especially in those not too big cities.
Mar 29, 2010 18:06
  • DODGER
Peter, BJ is correct as far as I am aware. You need to find a ‘friend’
Dodger.
Apr 3, 2010 05:34
  • PETERCC0
Thanks guys, will find a 'friend' and see how it goes before renewing end of June.
On another note, haha, sorry, where do I get Western pharmacy products easily ?
Specifically, Daktacort Cream, Amoxycillin ( anti biotic ) and Ibuprofen tablets ?
Can you help me out again ?
Apr 3, 2010 22:24
  • DODGER
Peter, I had to get a re-supply of medication recently.
I found a private clinic in Beijing, run by a Japanese company, so no waiting and no hassle.
The doctors there all spoke English and they had their own dispensary.
PM me if you need further information.
Cheers, Dodger.
Apr 4, 2010 22:08
  • PETERCC0
Hello again Dodger,
You are a welcome source of information, haha, how long have you been in China ?
Do you think I could email or phone this Japanese clinic and arrange a delivery of the things I need to my address in Tonghua, maybe I send them the cash first as I don't have use of a credit card here in China ?
Thanks again
Peter
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China to where for renewing visa ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code