Menu
list document should i take to change my F visa to L visa(married visa)
Mar 24, 2010 07:10
  • SHAI
im filipina.im marrried to chines man here in china for 7 months.im still holding an f visa bcoz of i didnt go back philippine yet since i got married.i plan to go back to philippines next month to change my visa f visa to l visa as chinese rule..i just want to know the complete list documents should i take with me so i can get an chinese visa again at the chinese embassy in philippines..?is it harder to get a chinese visa again even my husband is chinese?
another question is;
if i can get an l visa to comeback here in china,how long i should stay here in china without going out from this country so i can have a chinese green card or chinese ID?Thanks a lot.i hope to hear from you soon as possible
Mar 24, 2010 08:59
  • ELLYSE
It sounds like you should get a dependent visa (not sure if you can work on this visa) or a work visa. You should NOT be trying for a L (tourist) visa.
I think you might be mistaken about the so-called "green card" or "Chinese ID". I don't think you'll get a Chinese ID no matter how long you stay in the country.
Mar 24, 2010 09:21
  • SHAI
thanks.
i know i cant work here in china.what i want is to stay with my husband.
Mar 24, 2010 11:31
  • ELLYSE
Then you should be applying for a dependent visa. I haven't done this before, so please don't take my word for gospel.
Mar 25, 2010 00:04
  • SHAI
thanks ellsey i appriciate
Mar 25, 2010 22:36
  • LEMONCACTUS
Shai,

I think you should contact the Chinese Embassy in the Phillipines, and ask them these questions, as they will be able to give you the most accurate information.

Their email address is here: mfa.gov.cn|chinaemb_ph

Usually, you would be able to get a 1 (or 2) year Spousal Visa (L) and this will allow you to stay in China, is multiple entry, but you are not entitled to work. You can renew this whilst you are in China, so no need to leave every year.

You should understand that as it stands currently in China, it's difficult to impossible to get anything like a "green card" - and you will not be issued with a Chinese ID because the Chinese Government does not currently allow the concept of dual citizenship.

Good Luck.
Mar 25, 2010 22:50
  • SHAI
oh i see .thanks a lot from your info..my friend and i is the same situation.she stayed and married in china nearly 5 years with her chinese husband and but they told me when it come 5 years to stay without going out from this country she will become a chinese citizen....and she can stay china.so confused now.anyway thanks a lot Godbless
Mar 25, 2010 23:52
  • ELLYSE
Read this page for more information: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//visa.ywpw.com/visatypes/visa_l2y.html&hl=en&langpair=zh|en&tbb=1&ie=gbk
(page was originally in Chinese, translated quite reasonably by Google Translate)

Who can apply?
Foreign spouses can also apply, but must provide proof of marriage (marriage certificate copy) and your own copy of the original Chinese passport.
Mar 26, 2010 00:04
  • ELLYSE
BTW I do think you're starting to get irrational and rude to me (on PM). I advised you to stop spamming (I'm doing you a favour!) and my replies have been helpful to your question so far!
Post a Reply to: list document should i take to change my F visa to L visa(married visa)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code