Menu
Canadians who married chinese women
Mar 24, 2010 09:44
  • DYNAMO45
Hello all...

I am a Canadian who is going to marry his girl in China. I have read various articles on what documents are needed and where do I get them etc....
and to be quite honest, there seems to be a lot of here say, so I am a bit confused. So I am wondering if there is a Canadian guy out there, who has recently married a chinese woman, and can tell me straight from the horses mouth so to speak, what I need to do. My starting point is this... I do have a copy of my divorce certificate... now what do I need to do and get...and also, would it be easier to get the needed documents in Canada ( I live in Calgary, Alberta) or in China? If anyone with direct knowledge could help me... I will buy the beer all night :)
Mar 25, 2010 06:25
  • GAFFER
Although this site http://www.nanningandchinainfo.co.uk/ was originally started for UK expats who have relationships with Nanning girls, the information is relevant to all. If you check the forum http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/index.htm there are members from several countries who all have experience in marrying Chinese ladies. Marrying in China can be the simplest method and the documents and rules are pretty much the same for whatever country you are from.
Mar 28, 2010 21:42
GUEST58229 Hey Dude; I sympathize with you and maybe I can be of some assistance. I have recently investigated a possible marraige to a Chinese woman, till she decided she liked my money and ring and made a run for it. Anyhow enough of that, I did check out with Immigration Canada and do not expect this to be a two or three week deal.

I would recommend you get on to the government immigration web site and check it out. A few highlights: You must prove that you have an income that will be able to support her for three years and not jump into Canadian government money.
You must prove that she is law abiding and get a police clearence from the local police department.
You must prove that she is healthy and the Canadian government provide doctors who will check her out.
You will have to write a heartfelt appreciation letter of her and she the same of you to determine that it is not a marraige of convenience.

The point I am trying to make jere is that there are a lot of hoops to jump through and it is best to get the forms through the government site and plan out. Good Luck !

Later Ted
Mar 30, 2010 02:40
GUEST39136 Just consult your Canadian Embassy Website,and you should be okay.
Jun 16, 2011 01:48
GUEST01132 I got married in china, all we needed to do was go to the canadian consulate in china and they have a form you can fill out that states you have never been married, they then notarize it for about 300 rmb. then you go to the local marriage registar office in her home town and give them the document and your passport plus her house registar and any other documents she might need. have your gf call her local marriage registar office and ask what documents they require. its not to hard and its also cheaper and faster to get the documents in china. I would suggest going to china on a visiting visa and do not say anything about your plans to get married I was told this could delay the visa.
May 18, 2013 20:49
GUEST58206 Run as fast as you can, enjoy the sex but forget marriage, you will have the whole family in Alberta in six months living at your house.
May 19, 2013 13:42
GUEST52191 the marriage part is easy and cheap (about 300 rmb, or 50 bucks). you just have to go to the closest canadian consulate and get a form saying you have never been married, or have proof of your divorce....just watch out for scammers! if her name is dong chunmei from fushun......run!
Oct 21, 2016 03:14
GUEST24317 Why Chinese?
Post a Reply to: Canadians who married chinese women
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code