Menu
Help with application university
Mar 25, 2010 20:10
  • LAURENTCHINE
I recently applied for a Chinese language course at Tsinghua University and I'm not sure whether they've accepted my application or not. My problem is that I cannot make the 400 RMB application fee payment since I don't have a Chinese bank account. However, when I called them before making the application, they told me it was ok and that I can pay when I arrive.

Now I made the online application, they received it and set its status to "申请完成" with a note "We have received your application documents without application fee". So I'm not sure whether it means that the application has been accepted, or if it means I need to make the payment first. What do you think?

Laurent
Last edited by LAURENTCHINE: Mar 25, 2010 20:12
Mar 31, 2010 03:31
GUESTSTANISL... Hi
It is unwise to pay any or all registration fees
You can get in with direct contact with Universities
I did not pay any fee at all
be carefull
Apr 2, 2010 22:42
  • DOLLY
Yeah right,pls honor u circumspection
contact directly with univ
Apr 3, 2010 07:58
  • LAURENTCHINE
Dolly, I called the university but I think they have a policy not to help anybody regarding the online system registration. The woman over the phone didn't let me speak and kept telling me to check the website (however the website doesn't tell me what I want to know). In the end, she almost hanged up on me. That's why I came here hoping that someone from Tshingua or somewhere else could share their experience. I still don't know if the application has been accepted or not, or if I should start applying to a different university.

Well I guess I wouldn't have these problems if I was going through a third party like chinastudyabroad.org but I prefer to do it on my own.
Apr 4, 2010 23:05
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi Laurentchine,

I don't have any experience of this, but just using common sense. It would appear, according to the Chinese message, that the application has been completed. The English message is (again, just being logical about it) a confirmation that the fee is still pending, so that you and the university know that it still needs to be paid.

There seems to be no reason to worry as the university have already confirmed you can pay the fee when you arrive in China.

I would say the application has been successfully completed, and that you can chill out and wait for the university to contact you. Tsinghua is about as reputable an establishment as you can get in China.

Also, I just checked out the website and there's a "Application Information" email address; I suggest you contact them through this just to double check: mail.tsinghua.edu.cn|chinese

LC
Apr 5, 2010 23:15
  • RANAJEE
Have u any contact no. or QQ of that lady in the Office.
you can directely contact them or give me i can try for u....
Post a Reply to: Help with application university
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code