Menu
Chinese – English & English – Chinese Electronic Translators
Mar 30, 2010 00:10
  • NERICK
I am in the market for a hand held electronic translator. I have searched the internet and do not trust reviews; they all want to sell their brand.

Do they work? Does anyone have any experience using one? Can anyone recommend a brand?

I would like one that translates Chinese – English & English – Chinese.

If anyone can help me please do so. Can not afford a personal translator.
Mar 30, 2010 07:40
  • JABAROOTOO
I'm using Pleco which is an American product which can be purchased and downloaded for use within minutes. You can download a demo version to test it and there are several levels of products to buy. I bought the basic version more than four years ago and it has since been improved and it is great. I have seen other products which are similar and just as good if not better but I'm not able to help with details.

Pleco has Hanzi input and pinyin as well as English ant eh updated version is so much more user friendly and the full version offers an audio component as well so you can hear the correct tones etc.

Check out the site and talk to Mike. I'm happy and he can read my mind when I have problems which were only minor and in the early days. More related to my 'handheld' than the software.

Good luck with your choice
Mar 30, 2010 13:56
  • NERICK
Thank you for your information!

I found the internet site and their products are for phones.
I am looking for a unit to translate that is not dependent on phones, just an all in one hand held device.

Any other suggestion out there would be appreciated!
Mar 30, 2010 22:16
  • LAUGH
Few of my foreign friends use electronic translators, but what they use is a dictionary. They speak good Chinese but never write in it. Maybe, Chinese characters are too difficult for you. Perhaps a electronic translator will be much convenient!
Most important is that you may make great effort in studying Chinese “pinyin”. Good luck!
Apr 1, 2010 12:11
  • NERICK
Thanks for your comment.

I notice you are from Colombia. A very nice place I have traveled too!

I am not experienced enough to tackle learning Chinese now, I just was asking for something to use when I go to desolate places in China. Something simple that would assist me if I needed communication.

PEACE
Apr 1, 2010 12:14
  • NERICK
Oh - by the way, the translator I am looking for does include Chinese dictionary.
Apr 2, 2010 21:58
  • LAUGH
oh! good by this way, a translator may work well!
I wish you a good time in China!
Post a Reply to: Chinese – English & English – Chinese Electronic Translators
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code