Menu
Maximum length of visa for property owners who r foreigners
Apr 8, 2010 04:07
  • FLYINGTIGER
I have been told that a foreigner who owns property can get a 15 year visa. True? What about a Chinese woman who gives up her Chinese passport but wants to retire in China with a foreign passport? 15 years too? I have also been told that when a Chinese citizen gets a foreign passport, they must give up their Chinese one. Who would ever know? I have two passports and no one ever told the first country when I got the second one.
Apr 10, 2010 07:20
GUEST13224 Yes...but there is a flaw in your plan..passports have to be renewed!...I imagine they will check to see if you are still a "citizen" when they renew it.Some western countries are allowed dual citizenship...America ...Canada...England ...Australia...CHINA NO!
Apr 10, 2010 07:50
GUEST13224 There is no such thing as "long term visa"..but there is a resident permit for those who qualify.Requirements are...Property owner ($1 million U.S. or more)..have a substantial long term business /investment in China...sufficient funds in a Chinese bank acoount (again $1 miilion U.S. or more)...lived in China for more than 5 years and the waiting period to qualify is very long...5 years or more. Most that want to stay in China for long periods do so on teacher visa's or business visa's..good for a period of up to 12 months and renewable
Apr 10, 2010 22:59
GUEST27104 Check out the thread on "Chinese Green Card"..it's what I think you're looking for...At the end of the day the best thing to do is to go to the P.S.B in the city/province where you intend to live and ask them..
Post a Reply to: Maximum length of visa for property owners who r foreigners
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code