Menu
Help me planing my Trip to China
Apr 9, 2010 12:04
  • ALTOBI
Dear All
It's my first post here in this very helpful site, i am form Oman and i am planing to visit China from 4/June/2010 to 24/June/2010
My aims of this trip are:
1)- Experiencing China & exploring Chinese culture.
2)- See business opportunities, especially opportunities for importing Chinese goods.
3)- Build friendships and get to know friends from China.
4)- Tourism

The Itinerary:
From Oman -->( Beijing - wuzhou - Guangzhou - Shenzhen - Aiyou or [Yiwu]?! - Shanghai - Beijing) --> Back to Oman

So:
1)- Could you please help me on setting time table for how many days i should stay in each city ( which one need more days and which less), and is my order of the cites are OK or i have to change it to another order?
2)- What is your suggested places to visit in each city?
3)- What is the best , safe and cheep transpirations way between this cites?
4)- How much cash i should have on my pocket , and is it safe to use my Visa on all this cites?
Apr 11, 2010 06:59
  • MOONHUA
Hi Oman

U will stay here in 20days. And u will travel 5 cities in China.

So i think the best way to depart your trip in China is each cities 4 days. Some cities like Beijing u can have 5days, if u want to experince more culture in China. But as you are new to all the cities, so u can each 4 days.

My pleasure.

Apr 11, 2010 08:58
  • ALTOBI
Thanks very much

but i still looking for more help about my qustions there
Apr 11, 2010 12:06
  • ELLYSE
I think you do mean Yiwu, not Aiyou.
Just curious, why Wuzhou? Is it the Wuzhou in Guangxi province?
Your itinerary looks generally ok.
1) and 3) Beijing (3 days) -- (flight? probably via another city) -- Wuzhou (2 days) -- (train/long-distance bus) -- Guangzhou (3 days) -- (D train) -- Shenzhen (3 days) -- (flight) -- Yiwu (2 days) -- (D train/long-distance bus) -- Shanghai (4 days) -- (overnight D train/flight) -- Beijing (3 days)
2) What do you mean by "suggested places to visit"? If you're looking for general sightseeing information, please do some background reading first, try a Google with the appropriate keywords. Otherwise if you're looking for more specific information, it would be wise to provide more information about your sightseeing interests/preferences etc.
4) How much money you need to have/spend would depend on your spending habits. I presume you mean a Visa credit card? No problem using those in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen at major hotels and perhaps some bigger restaurants, but otherwise China is generally a cash society.
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Altobi) in the subject line.
Apr 12, 2010 12:29
  • SUNNYPRINCE
Hi ALTOBI,

Welcome to China !
1>,Guangzhou ,shenzhen ,Yiwu ,wenzhou there were a business city and here have many wholesale market and factory especially guangzhou here could be find/import all kinds of goods what you need so you should be stay more day this place .but if you wanna Experiencing China & exploring Chinese culture going to beijing and shanghai there could be got the amazing sightseeing
2>,Regards of the way of transport between each city i think by air is better for you when you first time visit there,but saftyyo
3>,Exactly,you need to bring some cash for USD about 5000-10000 but the VISA card Need also ,

This my contact way:hotmail.com|sunny-xiao .my name is sunny and living at Guangzhou if have any enquired or help,pls feel free to contact me,Thx !
Apr 12, 2010 23:00
  • CINYAO
Hi.. mr Altobi,

As I suggest you can browse the suppliers in China cities and then the transportation link to reach them there. Otherwise you can also ask the factory man to pick up you / meet in hotel. As I have also visitted, Yiwu is a huge wholesale market, everything as you need. In modern market and techie city - Guangzhou Import Export Fair Centere ; this both is a must- to travel and sourcing resources.

Hope your have a nice travelling.
Apr 14, 2010 03:09
Hi,All

As for trip in Yiwu, i can help you with that. This is Geoff Li, an interpreter, translator and guide in Yiwu international wholesale market. any questions related to business in Yiwu, free to email me, gmail.com|geofflee2002. best regards..Have a nice trip in China.Geoff Li
Apr 14, 2010 09:30
  • KATIELIANG
in beijing , you can stay three days to visit
the first day:(spot and shopping)

:the forbidden city ,(tian`an men square.)---wangfujing--dongdan-lama temple--
--the bird nest/ the water cube--san li tun

the secongd day:(hutong and relax)
the summer palace--xiu shui--gu lou da jie--nan luo guo xiang --yan dai xie jie--houhai bar street

the third day:
the great wall--pan jia yuan
i hope it is useful

www.mychineselearning.com
Apr 14, 2010 09:48
  • ELLYSE
I wouldn't go to Panjiayuan market anything other than early weekend morning.
Apr 14, 2010 09:59
  • ALTOBI
Dear All
thanks very much for your usfull and very helpfull information you provide to me
I will reply back to each one of you on next to days when i have a free time where i plan to set and make a day by day plan for my trip

I appreciate your support ...
Apr 20, 2010 03:24
  • ELLYSE
Melody obviously didn't notice/care that this traveller isn't planning to go anywhere near Hainan island.
Post a Reply to: Help me planing my Trip to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code