Menu
Shanghai Cruise Questions
Apr 9, 2010 18:22
  • THERA
Shanghai cruise port and visa questions

We are going to be 2 days in Shanghai with a Royal Caribean cruise ship during Epo2010. What cruise terminal will we be at?
We arrive 0700AM and depart midnight the next day.
What kind of visa do we need.Arrive beijing,depart Tangu,disembark 2 times Shanghai.Disembark1 x Hong Kong, fly Hong kong viqa Beijing with 2 hrs in transit there to Canada. As how many entries does that count ?
Is there public transport from the cruise terminal to the Maglev tain terminal on Lonyang Road?
We would like to ride up and down to the airport the first day.Than is there a subway from Longyang road to Expo?, and is there a waterbus back to the ship (ferry?) or is subway or taxi?
Many questions appreciate your input.
Apr 10, 2010 12:54
  • HERBEAT
I think the Royal Caribean cruise would help you dealing with the visa and they have optional tours? - just guessing...
Apr 10, 2010 19:58
GUEST14222 In do my own.More interesting that way
Apr 11, 2010 01:53
  • HERBEAT
o...ok... So far as I know, there are two airports in Shanghai... But to be honest, I've been a tour guide for cruises. But unfortunately, I'm not quite sure about the visa issue... I wish I could help you more but I'm not that familiar with Shanghai... But if you have any question about Beijing, feel free to ask me... Hmm... suggestion is that you ask the staff on the cruise - they must be the best people who know which kind of visa you need to apply...
Apr 11, 2010 12:11
  • ELLYSE
I think your cruise ship would be at the Shanghai International Cruise Terminal at Gaoyang Lu/Dong Daming Lu. However you'd get the most accurate from your cruise provider, so it would make more sense to ask them instead of here.
It sounds like you'll need a multi-entry China visa! However I'm not sure if there's another kind of visa that's more suitable for cruises like yours -- check with your cruise provider about this.
No metro stop at the cruise terminal, sorry. How much luggage do you have?
Which airport? Do you mean Pudong airport (PVG) or Hongqiao airport (SHA)? Why go to the airport if you're not catching a flight out?
There're about 5 different metro stops for the Expo and yes, it's possible to go by metro from Longyang Lu to the Expo -- however you might need to change lines.
No ferries back to the cruise terminal, and no metro stop at the cruise terminal as I already said. You can take the metro to a nearest stop and then change to taxi, or taxi all the way.
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Thera) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Cruise Questions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code