Menu
What places in China do you regard as romantic?
Apr 10, 2010 16:39
  • CRYSTALTAO
On my blog [tcgurl=http://www.lovelovechina.com]LoveLoveChina[/tcgurl] I posted a poll with one simple question: "Where in China would you travel with your beloved one?"
Please come over and cast your vote
And... if you think that there is some romantic place which I missed in proposed options - please let me know.

Apr 11, 2010 06:01
  • ELLYSE
Your photo of "Kunming" is of somewhere else in Yunnan province, I imagine? I wouldn't consider Kunming as "romantic", but the rest of the province is another story. It seems unfair that this option is "Kunming" whereas other option like "Sichuan" and "Tibet" which would include the entire province!
Sanya and Guilin are overwhelmed with Chinese tour groups, and in the case of Sanya, also Russians. Anywhere which has scenery and is flooded with Chinese tour groups is last on my list for "romantic".
Tibet has marvellous scenery but the conditions there are harsh and it's not romantic at all if you're suffering from altitude sickness!
Have been on the 3 Gorges cruise, not at all romantic to me.
I would've included other locations such as Hangzhou, Xitang, Jiuzhaigou, Meilixueshan (Kawa Karpo), Lijiang, Qingdao, Harbin, Xiamen etc.
Apr 16, 2010 15:50
  • CRYSTALTAO
Thanks for your reply. The remark regarding altitude sickness was very insightful. In fact, in the poll I included just 10 options only because it was possible to add 10 pictures only...
Apr 17, 2010 00:39
  • ELLYSE
Well, I would've used other options. But it's your poll, not mine!
Oct 5, 2013 22:43
  • VIGORHE
I regard Xuwen, the southernmost county of mainland China as romantic. Tourists can enjoy themselves by going sight-seeing around the peninsula, where subtropical forests, beaches, pineapple orchards, banana orchards, papaya orchards, Akoya pearl farms, shrimp and fish aquacultue, natural fishery, farming, fishing, clean air, warm and cool climate shifts in four seasons.Fresh organic food can be eaten all year round. Kind and warm-hearted natives of Xuwen are so hospitible and friendly to any tourists at home and abroad...Why not come to visit and spend your vacation and relax yourselves?

Oct 22, 2013 21:36
  • VIGORHE
Sorry for a spelling error, "hospitible" should be "hospitable".
Post a Reply to: What places in China do you regard as romantic?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code