Menu
What to do - Criminal Background
Apr 16, 2010 06:06
  • GUEST66

I have a felony charge (1976) in my background; inappropriate use of funds (small dollar amount) and found guilty for embezzlement. No prison but community service for 3 years. Completed my community service and I am VERY remorseful for what I did and have been living a clean life since then.

I need to obtain a visa to China and I understand that the laws have changed dramatically in 2010 - how should I answer question 3.3 - criminal background. Do I have to say Yes for something that happened 34 year ago?

Many of the posts found here are not clear if someone has received a visa in 2010 after saying No to question 3.3, and they have a felony criminal record or if they received a Visa after saying Yes with a felonly record.

I do not want to lye but also I am afraid to tell the truth.

Help
Last edited by GUEST66: Apr 16, 2010 07:06
Apr 18, 2010 03:11
  • EARLYBIRD
it depends, you can say no!
Apr 18, 2010 04:38
  • ELLYSE
Seriously though, this is a question which you should be asking a lawyer, if not the embassy. I wouldn't trust the accuracy of replies given by random people on a public forum.
Apr 18, 2010 22:20
GUEST87220 Always say no. Read all the other posts on other threads. Everyone who has a crime on their record, who has said no, has gotten through.
Apr 19, 2010 05:45
  • GUEST66
I have discussed with an attorney and they feel that a no answer would be ok but I am fearful; I have lived a clean life and do not lye.

However, it seems that a yes answer would keep me from getting a visa
Post a Reply to: What to do - Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code