Menu
Hotel near Train from Airport Beijing
Apr 19, 2010 20:15
guestLaura I am wondering how easy it would be to take the train from Beijing Airport. I arrive from US. If I stayed at the Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel in Beijing is it right across the street from the train station? Could I walk there from train station and could I see it when I exit the train station?

Where would I go in airport to catch the train?
Where would I get off for this hotel?

Is there a hotel where I could take the train and see the hotel from the train station?

Lots of questions!
Thanks for your help!
Apr 19, 2010 21:54
  • HERBEAT
Hmmm... The hotel you mentioned is next to Beijing Station. But hmm... to catch the train in the airport? I think you mean the Airport Express? There are clear signs in the Terminal so just follow it and you'll find the airport express easily. You should stay at the subway till the end and then transfer to Line 2, till Beijing Railway Station...
Apr 20, 2010 01:51
  • SOMMER
Do you want to stay close to the Airport Express? Is this a short business trip and convenience is the name of the game or...
Beginning a China adventure and just want to start off on the right foot?

Either way, I don't care for the area around Beijing Rail Station. The Express terminus of Dongzhimen Station has plenty of options and good transport -reason I live there!

Apr 20, 2010 16:15
GUESTLAURA
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOMMER View Post

Do you want to stay close to the Airport Express? Is this a short business trip and convenience is the name of the game or...
Beginning a China adventure and just want to start off on the right foot?

Either way, I don't care for the area around Beijing Rail Station. The Express terminus of Dongzhimen Station has plenty of options and ...
You have explained exactly what I want. We will be VERY tired after the flight. I have 2 nights in Beijing before I begin a tour. For that I can easily take a Taxi or train. What hotels are at the end of the Airport Express? Is there one that you can see when you exit the airport express? I have traveled enough to know the less I have to plan for the easier.

Thank You
Apr 20, 2010 20:39
  • HERBEAT
I'm not sure wich ones you are talking about Sommer... But I'm quite familiar with that area and Raffles City? I think the Swissotel is the only nice one near to Dongzhimen? But I'd also like to know the answer....
Apr 21, 2010 19:40
GUESTLAURA Would it be difficult to take a taxi from Dongzhimen railway station to a hotel around Tian'anmen square?

Would it be difficult to transfer to line two with lugguge?

Thanks
Laura
Apr 22, 2010 10:11
  • HERBEAT
It won't be too difficlut to take a taxi from Dongzhimen to a hotel, but to take the taxi from the airport is much easier.. esp if it's raining...

To transfer with lugguge? I would say it's inconvenient to take the subway if you have lugguage. To go to the Tian'anmen square you need to take Line 1 and that line sometimes is very crowded... So I suggest you to take a taxi from the airport...
Apr 22, 2010 20:17
GUESTLAURA That seems to be the best advice to take a taxi from airport.
Thank You
Apr 22, 2010 21:51
  • HERBEAT
You are welcome^-^ And wish you a nice trip....
Post a Reply to: Hotel near Train from Airport Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code