Menu
HELP!!!Room for RENT in Shanghai???
Mar 10, 2005 11:08
  • PRETTYD0LL
Hi! I'm visiting Shanghai sometimes around April or May. We will be there for about 3 months the most. I know we would stay in a hotel for the first 3 days but hoping to find some room for rents in Shangahi that is cheap and clean.

Could somebody here help me out?? Thanks!!
Mar 10, 2005 11:20
  • MERMAID
Just wait, our friend Damaque and all those Shanghai angels will help u!
Mar 10, 2005 11:31
  • PRETTYD0LL
Thanks!!

My reasons in Shanghai is business and touring. I really have a tight budget. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me how much I have to budget per month? Or how much money I have to have per month so I will not starve and at the same time I can also tour and enjoy Shanghai. Thanks....

By the way, I'll be only spending 3 months there.
Mar 12, 2005 13:19
  • WWENDY
It all depends on which district are you going to live. Normally, the location near to the CBD could be expensive, but if you live in Baoshan or Yangpu district, it could be much cheaper. You might grab the poster or brochures or even real agent, sometimes, you might find the posters in the community's window. Just go to the community centre and ask if there is any unit for lease.

As three month is not short time nor long time, better do some rearch before you start your journey.

Good luck
Mar 15, 2005 01:39
  • CHINAGIRL
there are many interesting ancient city around shanghai,If you come to china,I think that you should visit them. in shanghai,the expenditure of hotel is usually rmb200~400 per day(about $25~50),
and the rent of room often is rmb1000~3000 per month.(usually,the owner won't rent it for only 3 months,of course,they will accept your rent if you offer more money.)and you must pay the total money (the rent of 3 month and the deposit of 1 month)befor you live in the room.I wanna improve my oral english, maybe we can be friends when you stay in shanghai,and you can join a real chinese family. it sounds great,isn't it?(by the way,I am a graduate student,I have much free time and I like travelling by bus.)
Mar 27, 2005 07:54
  • PRETTYD0LL
ChinaGirl-

I hope I can find something around 1,500-2,000 rmb room for rent. At that price, do I get a room all to myself or I have to share w/ a few people? Or maybe you know where I can rent. I'm fine living w/ Chinese people coz I have no problem w/ my Mandarin. I can speak, read and write Chinese.

Btw, your english is good. and I'll be glad to be your friend, anytime! ;-)

Wendy-

Thanks for the info. I'm still studying the map of Shanghai. Are the districts you mention is good for living conditions? I mean, do they have 24/7 running water, electricity, and if it rains will the sidewalk flood? hehe... :)
Mar 29, 2005 13:26
  • CHINAGIRL
ok,you can get a little flat with 1500~2000Rmb,If you choose the area :the distric of xuhui near minghang.the flat includes:a room,a washingroom and a kitchen.and you can reach the railway station about 40minmutes,or the business centre of xuhui in 20~30minutes. of course,you needn't get worried about hot water,flood,electric ect.
if you need more info,
you can sent mail to me because I am not often come here.
my mail is :
hotmail.com|sunny_hhan
and you are welcome

chinagirl
May 16, 2006 09:41
  • NGHONG81
Hi everyone, I'm a friendly malaysian would like to rent out for my room in shanghai for 2 months from May till 10th of July, 2 room of your choice, one master bedroom en-suite with bathroom and mini jaquezzi and tv set, fully furnished for 2300RMB a month and the other room also fully furnished for 1800RMB per month. The apartment is fully furnished with washing machine, well equiped kitchen, microwave, washing machine, Spacious living room with TV set and seperated dining room, nice balcony with great view from 28th floor, also free broadband service in both rooms. below the apartment is a nice garden and recreation park equiped with basketball court, tennis court and swimming pool. The apartment is only 3 minutes walk to the zhong tan metro line 3 station which linked to the entire metro station in shanghai, and 10 mins taxi ride take you to people's square and other central location in Shanghai. Interested, please don't hesitate to contact me at +8613774241874, or office number at +8621-63279118 ext 508 or by email, yahoo.com|nghong81. Thank you.
Dec 24, 2008 09:04
GUESTSWAPNIL... hi every one.I am an Indian Student (Indian Institute of Technology, India) here in Shanghai for an Internship for next 6 month. I got an apartment in Siping Road, Its a nice, 4 bed room with kitchen ,AC and toilet etc. I am looking for an ROOM PARTNER . If any body is interested to share this apartment in only 650/- RMB .I am looking for a company ,really getting bore in room after office hour. So if any body is intersted kindly inform through my email id : gmail.com|the.swapn
May 2, 2009 02:59
GUEST41242 hi!
I'm Daniel, an italian friendly guy studying at fudan university, i just read ur post and i'd be interested, i'm moving out my apartment soon and i'll be staying here in shanghai till the end of the current semester, so 2 months would be perfect, tried to call u but the mobil is powered off, let me know if i can come check the place,
my mobile number is 13916438360
my e mail address hotmail.it|daniel20586
May 18, 2009 19:43
GUEST93178 Hi, my name is mike I'm going to study at the CEIBS in September for 3 months and I'm looking for a room not too expensive to rent.
Need a room and kitchen and bathroom.
Don't know the areas in Shanghai yet, but looking for a place near the subway line.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: HELP!!!Room for RENT in Shanghai???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code