Menu
People on the North vs the South
Apr 22, 2010 07:15
  • DAJOMA
I met I Western guy in a Shenzhen Metro Line 1, who married a Chinese woman from Beijing. For some reason during the chat, I mention that the people, especially the girls in Shenzhen are extremely nice and very friendly also helpful. He was fully agree with my statement, but remain me of people in the north won't be that nice.

During my 3 weeks trip alone by train, Shenzhen - Guang Zhou - Guilin/Youngshua - Liuzhou, I met those amazing young girls and boys (students) that helped me a lot, to make my first trip in China a most memorable one. China, Wo Ai Ni

Now I plan in October a trip to Yunnan (Kunming etc) instead of Beijing - Xian, coz a bit worry to meet some "harsh" people in the north that will break my heart.

Nice dinner of Duck soup with new friends

Last edited by DAJOMA: Apr 22, 2010 07:17
Apr 22, 2010 19:43
GUEST21131 Why do you say that? It is not what I know about people north and south. Chinese in the north are honesty and candid with generous nature. And northern people are warm with hospitality. It is just the general cases; maybe you just met some special ones of them! Beijing and Xi’an are the worth visiting in China. If you leave China without visiting these cities, it will be a big loss!
Apr 25, 2010 18:19
  • DAJOMA
GUEST21131,
thank you, I hope the western guy I met in Shenzhen who married a Beijing woman is wrong.
I will come to see Beijing and Xian (North) for sure, but after I finished the South part I guess.
However it is a bit scary to travel (adventure) alone with no Chinese or a guide, rely on the people speak English you meet along the way, don't you think so.
But I did well so far on Shenzhen - Guilin - Liuzhou trip, met those wonderful people.
May 2, 2010 02:10
GUEST21131
Of course, but it is OK. The most foreigners are traveling alone in china. But make sure that you can speak few daily-use Chinese words at least. Or you can try to talk with the youth for most of them can understand English. Good trip!
Post a Reply to: People on the North vs the South
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code