Menu
A RMB 50 CHINA TRIP ADVENTURE PER DAY
Apr 25, 2010 18:38
  • DAJOMA
In Guilin, I eat a RMB 2.5 a hot and nice bowl of noodle soup in a small simple "restaurant", ride buses with fare RMB1.50
I'm starting to believe I can make a long nice adventure in China with RMB50.00/day

Guys please help me to justify this plan for trips:

Kunming - Dali (Southern part)
Shanghai - Chengdu
Beijing - Xian
Apr 27, 2010 13:59
  • ELLYSE
Are you planning to use CouchSurfing for accommodation? If not, the cost of a dorm bed in Shanghai, Beijing and Xi'an will already take up your entire daily budget!
Your costs will also go up if you include inter-city transport, unless you were planning to walk, or are extremely optimistic about hitchhiking.
Buses in Shanghai and Beijing start at a fare of 2 RMB, and some buses charge by length of distance travelled. The metro in Beijing is a flat fare of 2 RMB/ride, but the metro in Shanghai varies from 3 to 9 RMB depending on distance travelled.
Apr 29, 2010 00:34
GUESTDAJOMA Hi ELLYSE, I have no experience about Couch Surfing for now yet, thanks its become one of the option anyway and I love interact with people anyway and I appreciate if you could assist me more about it. However to get sleep properly one night every other night in a dorm will justify my plan I guess. Since I'm not in a rush trip, I can stop in every nearby city/town (1-2 hrs by bus cost RMB10-20) and explore it in 1 or 2 days. I plan on May next year for the Beijing Xian (North) Trip, I hope the Summer will make my trip easier.
Apr 29, 2010 00:36
  • DAJOMA
GUESTDAJOMA is me
Apr 29, 2010 00:58
  • ELLYSE
1-2 hours by bus is certainly not 10-20 RMB. Shanghai -- Hangzhou which takes about 3 hours costs 65 RMB; Shanghai -- Suzhou which's about 1 hour costs 38 RMB.
Also, if you travel during the May Labour Day holiday it will drive up your costs substantially.
For CouchSurfing please look up their own website, it's not hard to find.
A dorm bed in Shanghai, Beijing or Xi'an typically costs about 50 RMB.
May 2, 2010 19:58
  • DAJOMA
Thanks ELLYSE,

well, trip budget of RMB 50/day may be to tight for someone need good sleep and I do need good sleep. I will let you know how much cost me for that trip when it's over.

FYI, train fare from Liuzhou to Guilin (more than 2 hours) is RMB 29
May 3, 2010 00:23
  • ELLYSE
You're looking at trains which're NOT D trains, that's why they're so cheap.
The absolute lowest daily budget I've been on is about 120 RMB/day in Yunnan province.
May 5, 2010 05:09
  • DAJOMA
Well, I can live with it.
However it will be interesting to find out how far I can break your record and still with good sleep.
That cost just for lodging, meals and transportation I guess.
Since I can not resist to treat some new good fellows to have a most famous local food dinner, such as share a Duck Soup in Guilin as the photo.
May 5, 2010 12:33
  • ELLYSE
Look, I didn't ask for you to break my record, it's not a "trophy" or anything for me. I was trying to help you put costs into perspective so that hopefully you wouldn't run out of money unexpectedly.
If you're going to go in that direction I think I should refrain from trying to help.
May 6, 2010 20:05
  • DAJOMA
Don't worry, it won't happen and I really appreciate your concern and information, surely I need it. However, I'm thrilling to find out the cost traveling in China, such experience will bust the youths to travel in wonder China, since it is so big and rich of cultures, nature, friendly people etc.
I have been traveling to many countries in Europe and North America, but China is still amaze me so much.
Nov 27, 2010 02:38
  • DAJOMA
Hi Ellyse,
I made the trip in Yunnan last October and you won't believe my daily expenses, more than RMB500.00/day !!!! Still away from your RMB120/day

In Lijiang I hired a tour Guide for 24 hours, and pay USD100.00
What a pity, I just stay 1 day in that beautiful ancient town after traveling about 5000km
Will be back again soon, it's worth
Post a Reply to: A RMB 50 CHINA TRIP ADVENTURE PER DAY
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code