Menu
Late Night/Early Morning from Pudong Airport to Nanjing South Train Station
May 4, 2010 14:38
  • ESLBRUCE
I'm arriving in Shanghai at 11:35 p.m. It looks like all of the public transportation stops by then. I plan to take the train from Shanghai to Nanjing and think that maybe I will go directly to the Shanghai south train station. Am I wrong about after midnight public transportation? If I have to take a cab, how much is it going to cost?
May 4, 2010 15:19
  • ELLYSE
Why go to Shanghai South train station if you're trying to get a train to Nanjing? Those leave from Shanghai main train station. Are you going by D train?
BTW, haven't you asked this question before? Here or on some other forum?
You can reply me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg ESLBruce) in the subject line.
May 4, 2010 15:33
  • ESLBRUCE
No, the question is new to me; maybe someone else asked it before, but I haven't seen it. When I look at the train schedules listed here, all of the early morning trains show times from Shanghai south; Shanghai (main) doesn't appear. Is that an omission in the schedule or a problem with the site train schedule search engine..
May 4, 2010 15:42
  • ELLYSE
The VAST majority of Shanghai -- Nanjing trains leave from Shanghai main train station. What did you search for? Are you sure you meant Nanjing and not Nanning?
Also, why not consider sleeping at the Pudong airport hotel that night, then taking the metro, or airport shuttle no.5, to Shanghai main train station the next morning? The earliest and latest metro departures from Pudong airport are at 0900 and 1600 respectively; or you could also catch the Maglev starting at 0720, connect to metro line 2 at Longyang Lu and continue by metro.
Personally I'd opt for the airport shuttle or taxi though, both are more direct.
You can reply me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg ESLBruce) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: Late Night/Early Morning from Pudong Airport to Nanjing South Train Station
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code