Menu
Travel help in China
May 19, 2010 14:01
  • KRISRAMA
We are a party of 4 (2 senior couples) traveling from USA/Canada on Azamara cruise (March 75 to 17, 2010 from Hong Kong to Shanghai. We want to stay in Shanghai for 2 or 3 days and need hotel (3 star minimum) close to Indian veg food. Also tours. Then we will fly or go by train to Beijing, hotel close to Indian veg food, tours for 2 or 3 days. Then train to Lhasa (how is quality of accomodation in best class, food). Hotel there and tour for 2 to 3 days. Then we fly to Katmandu. Hotel and tour for 2 or 3 days. Can U suggest whom I should contact for all these arrangements and quotations. We will go from Katmandu to Lucknow (one couple) and Delhi (second couple). we are originally from India holding US and Canada passports.
May 19, 2010 14:17
  • ELLYSE
Erm, I think you need to be a bit more realistic. I would usually give Beijing at least 4 full days for the main highlights, 2-3 days is definitely too short. Also I would give Lhasa at least 4 days, especially since you need to factor in time for acclimatisation.
The train for Beijing -- Lhasa takes 2 full days, are you aware of that?
Also, what do you mean with your dates? "March 75 to 17, 2010" makes no sense at all -- I suppose you meant 15 instead of 17, but it's now well into May! Unless you mean 2011?
3-star minimum for accommodation isn't a problem, but what's your accommodation budget like per head? I don't suppose it's unlimited?
Indian restaurants might not be wholly vegetarian. Are you ok to pick out vegetarian items from the menu? Or would you prefer to look for Chinese vegetarian restaurants, which are predominantly non-spicy and also have mock meat items (made from soy)?
If you're picky about food, I would suggest that you either skip Lhasa, or bring your own food.
You can email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg KrisRama) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: Travel help in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code