Menu
Looking for South Africans in Shenzhen/Xian
May 30, 2010 07:26
  • THEET
Hi, I am looking to make contact with South Africans in Shenzhen or Xian. I am want to find out how life is in these cities and how to adapt to China. I am married to a Chinese lady and we live in Cape Town. We plan to move to China some time in the future.
Jun 3, 2010 20:57
GUESTGABRIEL THEET,

China is the country with lots of opportunities. Since you are married to a Chinese lady you will have no problem with communication. I am sure that you can speak Chinese by now. Do you?

The language is very important and to be able to get through the normal daily routine, it is certainly an advantage if you can speak the local dialect.

We have been in Shenzhen and it is one gigantic sourcing mecca for any kind of product.

Come over for a few months and explore and see if you like it or not.

Regards
Jun 27, 2010 04:18
  • THEET
Hello, Thank you for advise. I unfortunalty can not speak Chinese but I am sure I will learn slowly. I spent a month in Shenzhen when I met my wife and we gor married. I am about to retire but do not think I can just sit at home ewhen I move to China, so I and looking for something to keep me busy. I plan to learn to teach English before I move in the hope of getting a small teaching job. Once agian, thanks for you help. Eric emax_55 'at' yahoo.com
Post a Reply to: Looking for South Africans in Shenzhen/Xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code