Menu
Shanghai -> Suzhou/Hangzhou/Huangshan Travel Advice
May 30, 2010 09:39
  • HOTFUZZ
I've been in Beijing for several months and will be I'll be visiting Shanghai this late June for 5 days (three days at the Expo! ). I have a flexible departure plane ticket (my airline lets me change the date once for free) meaning I could visit nearby cities.

I've heard Suzhou, Hangzhou and Huangshan (mountain) are all worth visiting - is it possible to visit all three in less than a week? I was thinking Shanghai > Huangshan > Hangzhou > Suzhou > Beijing (my plane leaves from Beijing back to the US).

What would you recommend my schedule be, in terms of what order I should visit the cities in and what mode of transportation (train/bus) would be easiest to travel between the places? Do you even think it's worth it to even visit Hangzhou or Suzhou? I'll already seen a lot in Beijing.

Thanks for all your help!
May 31, 2010 21:20
  • ELLYSE
Depending on how much you want to see of the Expo, 3 days might not be enough. :P
Shanghai -- (D train) -- Hangzhou -- (bus) -- Huangshan -- (overnight train) -- Suzhou -- (overnight train) -- Beijing would be the best route. I would give Huangshan 2 full days, Hangzhou 2-3 days, and Suzhou perhaps 1-2 days.
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg HotFuzz) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai -> Suzhou/Hangzhou/Huangshan Travel Advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code