Menu
How to get from Kaili to Guilin ?
Jun 4, 2010 09:12
  • MADGRIN
Hi,
I'm an Italian boy and I'm planning to make a tour of the China in Summer.

In August we'll stay for a few days in Kaili .

We'd like to know the best (and cheap!) way to reach Guilin !

Thanks!
Jun 4, 2010 21:06
  • ELLYSE
There're no direct trains for Kaili -- Guilin. Take any bus/train to Guiyang, then take K156 (2230--1015, 11h45min) to Kaili. I don't recommend hard seat for overnight, try going for hard sleeper instead.
Jun 5, 2010 06:15
  • APAULT
A couple of years back I travelled from Guilin to Kaili by bus through the hills.... it was very worthwhile. There are many ethnic villages some of which have accommodation. The major tourist spot is Chenyang Bridge, towards Guilin and there are several Guest Houses and hostels in the villages. Tip: don't cross the famous bridge from the road: I was told that the villages rebuilt the bridge form their funds and then local government imposed a fee on it but does not give it to teh villages. So look for another bridge a couple of hundred metres to the left and cross for free...you can return on the scenic bridge for free (unless the situation has changed). Of course, you might like to spend tyhe saved money on craft items sold by villagers.

As you say you will arrive in Kaili in August, you might be able to catch a festival in a nearby village, Xiasi (a city bus ride away), where they have a unique form of 'bull fighting' (two waterbuffalows fight) - but definitely not for the animal liberationists, and cock fighting. I believe it is in the first week of August. There are several other ethnic villages around Kaili, including Namhua in a delightful setting by a clear clean river with many traditional waterfalls.

You might find problems getting budget accommodation in Kaili as the local city imposes/imposed the no foreigners in cheap hotel law strictly: the only semi budget accom was the Hotel Petroleum at 100 rmb and it's a dump. I believe though that you can get accom in Ethnic places but they might be a few km out of town.

Jun 10, 2010 11:00
  • MADGRIN
Dear Ellyse,
thanks for your very precious info!

Greetings,
Raffaele
Jun 10, 2010 11:01
  • MADGRIN
Thanks Apault,
very interesting info

I'll hope to catch the festival in August!

Greeting,
Raffaele
Jun 12, 2010 10:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Agree with Apault,

I also traveled from Kaili to Guilin by bus and it was one of the best road trips across China that I have done.

I have written several reviews on Guizhou with more than enough information for you to get a good idea of what there is to see and do. Guizhou has to be one of my favourite places and there is just so much to see there you could spend months taking all the little back roads. Buses are cheap and run frequently and accommodation is usually easy to find and also cheap.

While roads are improving all the time don't be surprised to find them under repair as there is a lot of damage from summer rains etc. But it's the ethnic minorities and the small villages which are so fascinating. Most of those that are visited by some tourists have some accommodation these days either in small hotels or private homes for as little as Y10 per night.
Jun 14, 2010 09:31
  • MADGRIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by JABAROOTOO View Post

Agree with Apault,

I also traveled from Kaili to Guilin by bus and it was one of the best road trips across China that I have done.

I have written several reviews on Guizhou with more than enough information for you to get a good idea of what there is to see and do. Guizhou has to be one of my favourite places and there is just...

It seems to be a fabulous place!

Thanks for all the info!
Nov 4, 2010 03:56
GUEST10149 These bus and reviews, can someone send me more info on it to: uwm.edu|kkmua

I too will be doing a south china tour the month of December starting in kunming and I would like to end up in Guilin, but I don't know enough information going from Kaili to Guilin.
Nov 4, 2010 04:33
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST10149

These bus and reviews, can someone send me more info on it to: uwm.edu|kkmua

I too will be doing a south china tour the month of December starting in kunming and I would like to end up in Guilin, but I don't know enough information going from Kaili to Guilin.

There are no direct bus from Kaili to Guilin. You can get to Guiyang and then take train from Guiyang to Guilin. If you want to take the bus, you may take this route: Kaili-Congjiang-Sanjiang-Guilin.
Nov 6, 2010 16:04
  • MADGRIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

There are no direct bus from Kaili to Guilin. You can get to Guiyang and then take train from Guiyang to Guilin. If you want to take the bus, you may take this route: Kaili-Congjiang-Sanjiang-Guilin.

I agree with Cherry, it has been the same trip We made in August!

Enjoy your trip! :D
Jan 20, 2011 21:12
GUEST17632 how to get bus from air port shen zhen to hotel kaili or get train, TQ
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to get from Kaili to Guilin ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code