Menu
Credit Cards
Jun 5, 2010 02:13
  • RVERZIN
I am visiting Shanghai on business this month. I will be catching a taxi from Pudong Airport to Radisson New World Hotel, 88 Nanjing Road, Shanghai. What I wanted to know is do all taxi services accept credit cards (visa). Can you please translate the address for me in Chinese.

Thanks Ray
Jun 5, 2010 03:27
  • BL2022
The chinese name for Radisson New World Hotel, 88 Nanjing Road is 上海新世界丽笙大酒店,南京西路88号( Shanghai Xin Shi Jie li Sheng Da Jiu Dian, Nan Jing Xi Lu Ba Shi Ba Hao). It is difficult to pronounce. Maybe you can print the Chinese out and show the address to the taxi driver.

also,I do not know if shanghai's taxi drivers accept credit card. But most of them in China do not accept the payment. You'd better bring some Chinese RMB.
Jun 5, 2010 03:35
  • ELLYSE
Taxis definitely do NOT accept credit card payment, whether foreign or local. You can easily get RMB cash from the exchange booths or ATMs in Pudong airport. If you go by currency exchange, change more than 500 USD in order to avoid the 50 RMB transaction charge -- the rate is the same as in town, don't worry.
Jun 6, 2010 05:36
  • APAULT
Only some Chinese ATM's will charge such whopping fees (be careful of foreign ATM's in hotels), most have a much smaller one or none at all, in my case my home bank charges much more than the Chinese facility.

Not all banks provide the same maximum withdrawl ... some are as low as 1000 rmb, the highest I am aware of is 3000 rmb (about $400 G W Bush affected dollars) tho perhaps the foreign ones I previously mentioned might allow more
Post a Reply to: Credit Cards
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code