Menu
2012 Olympics
Jun 7, 2010 01:02
  • LAUGH
Chinese film director Zhang Yimou orchestrated the inaugural ceremony of Beijing Olympics in 2008. Now Danny Boyle was appointed to direct opening ceremony--the director of the movie Slumdog Millionaire. Britain appears to have adopted China’s tried and tested method.
What do you think about this? Do film editors good at operating Olympic opening ceremony for sure?

Jun 7, 2010 23:13
GUESTNANCY 2008 Olympics is a success. But I don't think it is good if the opening ceremony are directed by a film director. Not that they follow china or not, Olympics is great platform to deliver culture.
Jun 8, 2010 01:27
  • BL2022
Film is quite different from olympic opening ceremony. A good film director is not defenitely a qualified cremony director.
Jun 9, 2010 00:50
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Anyway, I was shocked by what he directed about 2008 Beijing Olympics. But , to be honest, I felt disappointed of the Uk's ending show. Perhaps, culture difference haunts...
Jun 17, 2010 21:06
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY

Anyway, I was shocked by what he directed about 2008 Beijing Olympics. But , to be honest, I felt disappointed of the Uk's ending show. Perhaps, culture difference haunts...

I dont like their ending show either. hope the opening show in 2012 will be a great one.
Jun 18, 2010 02:23
  • JIMMYB
Well, will the double deck buses appear at the opening ceremony of 2012 London Olympic Games? I hope David Beckham will perform his freekick again at the opening ceremony. If he could light up the torch with his free kick, that would be awesome.
Jun 18, 2010 03:52
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

If he could light up the torch with his free kick, that would be awesome.

Very interesting and creative idea.But I doubt if Beckham dares to kick a fireball.
Jun 19, 2010 00:56
GUESTNANCY
Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKUI

Very interesting and creative idea.But I doubt if Beckham dares to kick a fireball.

We are more creative, But If he it comes as what we think, he will be a loser. Surprise is the best.
Jun 19, 2010 01:59
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTNANCY

We are more creative, But If he it comes as what we think, he will be a loser. Surprise is the best.

So are u surprised by the 2008 Olympic opening ceremony?
Jun 19, 2010 21:43
  • NANCYMOON
Quote:

So are u surprised by the 2008 Olympic opening ceremony?

Well, it is amazing. For foreigners they may not understand totally. But it represented very well about Chinese history and culture.
Jun 22, 2010 21:59
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

He can wear boots to kick that fireball. But it is a hard job. Remember Barcelona Olympics? An archer shot a flaming arrow over the cauldron ostensibly to light it. It is said that the archer has practiced this many times. You have to consider many factors, the weather, the wind speed etc.

If David Beckham really wants to do this, he should have practiced his free kick too.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 2012 Olympics
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code