Menu
Looking for a job in southern China
Jun 8, 2010 11:11
guest18280 Well.. I'm Thai but have been studying in an English speaking countries for almost 10 years.. I do speak English.. (but still im a non-native and I do look chinese..so it might be hard to get a job as an English teacher.)
I've just obtained my MSc tho.. I have only got 1 year work exp as an engineer.

Anyway, I'd like to know if there's any chance for a Thai like me to get a job in GZ.. or any part of southern china?

The thing is .. I'm getting married to a chinese guy and planning to move there soon. kinda worried since i cant read/write mandarin.
Jun 9, 2010 01:29
GUESTNANCY It aginests the low for foreigners to work in China, but it is ok since I know many of them are English teathers in Language-Traning Schools or to be private tutors. Don't worry, you can ask your Chinese friends or others you know for help.
Best wishes.
Oct 19, 2010 02:29
  • BIRDROCKSTER
South China is nice and has good weather (mostly). Kunming, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Hangzhou are all nice relaxing places.
Oct 20, 2010 07:08
  • GAFFER
For a foreigner to work in China, he or she must have a "special skill". This means a skill which cannot be found from the local workforce. This is why language teaching by a native language teacher is about the only job available. The person must also find a prospective employer who is registered to employ foreigners, and who can prove they cannot recruit a Chinese person to do the job. If approved, the person will then be able to obtain a Z visa which will be converted into a work/residence visa. If you marry a Chinese person you will qualify for a residence visa but not a work visa.
Oct 31, 2010 06:41
GUEST12592 Let me help!I'm Chinese.I'm live in Kunming now.You can send E-mail to me .hotmail.com|mr.luozhen
Good luck!~!
Post a Reply to: Looking for a job in southern China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code