Menu
Yueyang Tower Made from Zongzi
Jun 12, 2010 02:01
  • BAKUI
In Hunan, people have built a Yueyang Tower model to celebrate the first ‘Famous Building, Famous Lake’ Dragon Boat Competition. The model is built by 55,000 Zongzi and has been chose into Guinness World Records. It will be officially showed to the public on 13th.

It is said that these Zongzi is raw and will be recycled after the festival.

Jun 12, 2010 02:03
  • BAKUI
building materials

Jun 12, 2010 20:25
  • JIMMYB
Recycled? Have they publized their recycle plan? I don't believe it. If this tower stands there for long, all the zongzi will be smelly and discarded finally.

The one who suggests this idea is an idiot. Better distribute those zongzi to the people than use them to build a tower.
Jun 12, 2010 20:51
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Recycled? Have they publized their recycle plan? I don't believe it. If this tower stands there for long, all the zongzi will be smelly and discarded finally.

The one who suggests this idea is an idiot. Better distribute those zongzi to the people than use them to build a tower.

I don’t quite agree with you, JB. Ever since these Zongzi are raw and the rice in them is dry, they can be kept for a long time.
Jun 12, 2010 21:05
GUEST21131 I think Chinese like those words such as biggest, highest, most, etc to draw people's attention. This model was chose into Guinness World Records because of the largest number of zongzi.
Jun 12, 2010 22:26
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022

I don’t quite agree with you, JB. Ever since these Zongzi are raw and the rice in them is dry, they can be kept for a long time.

It still can be eaten by moth or others. Nothing valuable...
Jun 16, 2010 23:03
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022

Well, what if it rains heavily? I still don't think it is a good idea.
Jun 17, 2010 01:19
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Well, what if it rains heavily? I still don't think it is a good idea.

It's only an model and not so huge. people can cover if it rains.

Maybe the idea is not so good, But I think it featured both Dragon Boat Festival and Yueyang culture.
Post a Reply to: Yueyang Tower Made from Zongzi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code