Menu
How long was your first visit to China? Was it too long/short/enough?
Jun 16, 2010 03:02
  • TEXAS80
My longest vacation in any foreign country has been 8 days. When it comes to China I'm looking to stay for probably 29 days. So many places to see I hope I don't get tired of China or exhausted by day 29. I'm not a rich guy so staying at luxurious 5 star hotels is out of the question. :)

Sample Itinerary:

Hong Kong
Macau
Guangzhou
Shenzhen
Guilin or Sanya (not sure about either)
Chongqing
Xi'an (not sure)
Shanghai
Beijing

So like the thread title says, how long were you in China on your first visit if you weren't from there already? Did it feel like you stayed too long, too short or just enough?
Last edited by TEXAS80: Jun 16, 2010 03:03
Jun 17, 2010 12:44
  • ELLYSE
1st visit was for about 21 days, almost all time spent in Shanghai. Was fine with me.
Jun 17, 2010 14:32
  • TEXAS80
That's cool. I was just talking to a girl today who visited Shanghai and Chengdu, so many places to visit. Looks like there's really no "wrong" itinerary. :)
Jul 5, 2010 04:06
GUEST10109 I recommend you to go to Hong Kong and Shenzhen

You should start your trip from Ladies market first which is one of the most popular shopping street markets in Hong Kong. It is a must-visit destination for fashion lovers with an eye for bargain-priced clothing, bags, accessories, toys etc. It is open from noon until 11:30pm Next destination could be the old Clock Tower which is located in Tsim Sha Tsui. It is a declared monument and a landmark from the Age of Steam, when it formed part of the Kowloon Canton Railway terminus. Then you could head to Avenue of Stars where is just next to the Clock Tower. The Avenue of Stars features commemorative plaques, handprints of movie celebrities, descriptive milestones, kiosks with movie memorabilia, a towering Hong Kong Film Award statutte, and a life-size statue of the ledendary kung-fu action star, Bruce Lee.
Then you could take the ferry in Star Ferry Pier to Wan Chai and head to Central to take the peak tram to the peak. There's a reason why The Peak is one of the most popular attractions in Hong Kong! Looking down from The Peak you will be amazed by the spectacular view of the surrounding cities skyline, the world-famous Victoria Harbour and Kowloon, towering skyscrapers and peaceful green hillsides. There's nothing in the world like the Peak Tram. Pulled by the steel cable, the tram climbs 373 metres. It's so steep that the buildings you pass lokk like they're leaning at a 45 angle. If you like wine and meeting friends, you could head to Lan Kwi Fong which is only 15 minutes walk from the Peak Tram Terminus. It is a buzzing centre of clubs, bars and restaurants. This cheerful warren of Western-style restaurants, nightclubs, delicatessens and bars is a must for night owls and people watchers.

Jul 5, 2010 04:08
GUEST10109 As for Shenzhen, I do not have knowledge as much as I know of Hong Kong, but I do know some must-visit places.

1) Splendid China is an attraction at the overseas Chinese Town, Shenzhen that has scaled down replicas of China's historical buildings, wonderful scenes and folk customs. The scale models are in the main in a ratio of 1:15 and the exhibits are positioned to replicate their geographical locations.

2) China Folk Culture Villages is the first spot in China where you can learn of t he folk cultures of China. The more than 200,000 square meters has 24 peculiar cottages which are constructed at a ratio of 1:1 and are very welcoming to all visitors. In the village, you will see the distinctive architecture of ethnic groups and join their brilliant festivals. Buying some handicrafts or tasting local snacks is another way to experience the China Folk Culture Village.

3) Shenzhen Window of the World is a fantastic replica part situated at the Overseas Chinese Town. There you can see vivid replicas of the world;s wonders, historical heritages and famous scenic sites. The entire masterpiece is built at ratios of 1:1, 1:5, 1:15.

4) China South City. I believe not many people know of this place because it take around 30 minutes from CBD to there. But it doesnt mean China South City is not worthy to visit. If you love shopping and enjoy the moment away from city, you should definitely visit China South City. There you can find clothing and leather products in inexpensive price and you can always bargain for a cheaper price. Sounds great? This place is rather appropriate for businessmen since there are more than a thousand suppliers which provide raw materials and accessories in textile and leather industries.Not only they provide various kind of products, but they also provide accommodation and catering services for clients to enjoy.

Hope this helps :)
Jul 6, 2010 15:27
  • TEXAS80
It looks good GUEST10109. Thanks for posting your information. :)
Jul 6, 2010 22:47
GUEST10109 youre welcome, when are you planning to go visit? :)
Jul 7, 2010 18:35
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST10109

youre welcome, when are you planning to go visit? :)

I arrive in Hong Kong on September 20th, leave Beijing on October 21. Still putting the pieces together so I think things will turn out nicely.
Jul 8, 2010 02:41
  • HKHERO
Hope you have a fun trip, feel free to ask me if you have any questions

im GUEST10109 btw, i registered haha
Last edited by HKHERO: Jul 8, 2010 02:42
Jul 8, 2010 11:31
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by HKHERO

Hope you have a fun trip, feel free to ask me if you have any questions

im GUEST10109 btw, i registered haha

Thanks I'll message you for questions. Nice name. :)
Post a Reply to: How long was your first visit to China? Was it too long/short/enough?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code