Menu
Do you believe this theory?
Jun 18, 2010 01:10
I returned home and visited my uncle and aunt during the Dragon Boat Festival Holiday At their home, we had an interesting discussion on marriage. They told me a theory---“Boys should marry a girl who lives far away from him and girls should marry a guy whose home is closer to hers.”

They believe that the children of the boys who marry a girl who lives far away from him are smarter. To them, it is not a belief. It is the truth. They convinced me with an example. A boy born in their village was as smart as they thought. When he was around 5 years old, he took the plane alone to Xinjiang to see his grandparents. Very brave!

For girls, they can visit or take care of their parents very often if they get married with a guy who lives not far from her home. Thus, my uncle and aunt tried to persuade my sister to come back home.

Do you think it is reasonable?
Jun 18, 2010 02:32
  • JIMMYB
Lonely, this theory is a self-contradiction. The previous part says that boys should marry a girl who is far away from him and the latter part says girls should marry a guy who is closer to her.

If boys follow this theory and marry girls who are far away from them, how could girls find a guy who is closer to her? The boys won't marry a girl who is closer to him.
Jun 18, 2010 03:38
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB View Post

Lonely, this theory is a self-contradiction. The previous part says that boys should marry a girl who is far away from him and the latter part says girls should marry a guy who is closer to her.

If boys follow this theory and marry girls who are far away from them, how could girls find a guy who is closer to her? The boys won't marry a g...

It is from parents' perspective. For sons, they should marry girls who are far away from them. For daughters, they should marry a guy who is closer to her. Am I right, Lonely?

Sometimes parents are selfish, they want their sons to carry on the family name and also want the next generation to be smart. They also want the daughters to take care of them when they are old. Then how about others’sons and daughters who will be the daughter in-law or son in-law?
Jun 18, 2010 03:42
  • BAKUI
I don’t know if it is true that the children of the boys who marry a girl who lives far away from him are smarter .But I’ve heard that the mix-blood is smarter, especially those with half-German and half-Chinese.
Jun 19, 2010 01:12
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

If boys follow this theory and marry girls who are far away from them, how could girls find a guy who is closer to her?

Bravo! very interesting. I heard that if parents are from two faraway places, their children will be smarter, the far the better. I m not sure if it is true. If so, maybe I would consider find one who comes somewhere from the lat.35 in South hemisphere.
Jun 19, 2010 01:19
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022

Sometimes parents are selfish, they want their sons to carry on the family name and also want the next generation to be smart. They also want the daughters to take care of them when they are old. Then how about others’sons and daughters who will be the daughter in-law or son in-law?

A paradox if a family have a boy and a girl.
Should i say Girls are considerate that they care more about their parents? But it is true in my family, and my parents think so. Every parents try to do good for their children.
Jun 19, 2010 01:55
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY

A paradox if a family have a boy and a girl.
Should i say Girls are considerate that they care more about their parents? But it is true in my family, and my parents think so. Every parents try to do good for their children.

It is said girls are more considerate than boys. but I really think it depends.
Jun 21, 2010 02:46
I, myself, have a sister who is younger than me. My parents, especially my mom, insist that my sister should not marry a guy who is far away from her. She always says she will miss my sisiter very much if she does this.
Jun 22, 2010 20:58
  • MARRYMAX
If this theory really works, perhaps I should marry a girl who is from Africa or South America. Girls from there are far, far, far,far away from my home. However, I don't know if these girls have the same idea as theory told.
Jun 22, 2010 21:52
  • ELLIOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB View Post

If boys follow this theory and marry girls who are far away from them, how could girls find a guy who is closer to her? The boys won't marry a g...

good point, but personally, I think, it is reasonable since no one can escape from that a selfish person loves to borrow but hates to lend. People is selfish by nature.
Post a Reply to: Do you believe this theory?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code