Menu
Looking for work in Hainan
Jun 20, 2010 10:44
  • SOPHIAWU
Quote:

Originally Posted by STUMPYNUTS View Post

Hi Sophia,

I'm looking at September/October 2010 as a good time for me to come over to Hainan. I would like to stay for a minimum of at least 2-3years in order to improve on Mandarin language skills. Possibly stay longer if things worked out for me. I already speak a little fragmented Cantonese, and basic Mandarin as well ...

Yes, then you can be a guide here. Since you are Chinese, then there'll be no so much difficulties here.Many people here can speak Cantonese.And you will have more choices.
Jun 22, 2010 01:29
  • STUMPYNUTS
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOPHIAWU

Yes, then you can be a guide here. Since you are Chinese, then there'll be no so much difficulties here.Many people here can speak Cantonese.And you will have more choices.

Cool!
What would be the best first course of action to take?
Would it be to come over to Hainan first as a tourist, and then meet and discuss options with people?
And do you or your contacts in Hainan know people looking around for English speaking people? One who already has a fairly basic grasp of Chinese language?

Thanks
Steven Lee
Jun 23, 2010 10:25
  • SOPHIAWU
Quote:

Originally Posted by STUMPYNUTS View Post

Cool!
What would be the best first course of action to take?
Would it be to come over to Hainan first as a tourist, and then meet and discuss options with people?
And do you or your contacts in Hainan know people looking around for English speaking people? One who already has a fairly basic grasp of Chinese language?...

A little confused. I don't know whether I get what do you mean. I know one guy who stay in China one year who can speak Chinese with big progress.
Jul 8, 2010 22:47
GUEST11517 hi.i am a freshman just graduated from my college. i am working on hainan island ,too. if you come here. i hope we can be friends.thank u ! my e-mail: 163.com|wendangfei
Jul 9, 2010 05:55
Ni hao Wangdangfei! Hen gaoxing renshi ni! Thank You for email, when we'll come in Hainan we'll surely look for You to meet :-)
Best regards from Italy

@Sophia: dear Sophia, thank YOu for the email 'bout French teacher. I'm going to answer to you right now! Excuse me for the delay,,,a busy week!!!
88 ni yidali pengyou Xiulong
Jul 14, 2010 12:27
some of my friends who are english or russion teachers in sanya university
has formed a Madarin teaching club for foreingner in sanya. They do it part-time. it is fexible.divided into 2 levels:
basic level who just start to learn chinese. they will teach them in classrooms in sanya unverisity. Time will normally be at night. flexible
middle-class level who understand how chinese grammer forms and speak some basic chinese. they will teach them in living. for example in a restaruant to teach live chinese.
If you are looking to learn and improve your madarin in a casual and easy. Also it will be much cheaper than in those training school. Please you can contact
them by email -- hotmail.com|xiaoyu0003 or phone them 13697595740

Sep 6, 2010 21:21
GUEST13227 Anyone knows about a job for an experienced tennis coach in Hainan?
I'm 23 years old from italy, speak fluent Engish and Mandarin (!!!!). I live in Shanghai at the moment, but would love to move away from this polluted city and live in PARADISIAC HAINAN!

hope you can help...
hotmail.it|dippi87

Nov 17, 2010 02:36
GUEST84023 Does anyone know of any schools that are looking for teachers in early to late spring there? I am really trying to move out that way and settle down for a while. Also, does anyone know what the going rate for teachers is out there? Please feel free to email me @ yahoo.com|captain_contingency_plan

Cheers!
Nov 29, 2010 21:02
  • XIAWEIDONG
Hello,my name is Tim, I am now living in Sanya.

I think there will be a lot of chances for people who want to teach english in Hainan. Cos Hainan is not well -developed now, and few people can speak fluent english.

I like to meet friends from different countries, so please let me know if want to come to Sanya, I will be you guide and show you around in the weekends( I have got to work on weekdays :-)). My friends and I will go hiking on the weekends, maybe you can join us.

My email and MSN is hotmail.com|hot_tim1987
You can write to me if you need any help.
May 23, 2011 19:36
GUESTMICHAEL Sophia,

I have visited mainland china and Hainan twice and spend a total of over 100 days in China. I have fallen in love with her:) The culture, the food and of course the people. When I visited however, I was their with a Chinese friend and she and her family had shown me a side of China that I would have NOT scene with her...We have parted ways but China is still near to my heart. I want to move in Haikou, Changsha or maybe Beijing to teach English.
Ideally, I want to make friends over internet with people from where I would live now and build a friendship before I arrive.

Sophia, are you living in Hainan now? Do you have contacts in the education field.

Hope you are doing well and look forward in speaking to you.

Respectfully,

Michael

My hotmail.com|email-mike_best21

Thank you!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Looking for work in Hainan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code