Menu
Tour or solo?
Jun 19, 2010 08:04
guest15428 I usually travel alone or with a partner and often we make up and change our itinerary as we go along.

For China, where I appreciate English is not widely spoken outside of the big cities, I am considering using a tour (such as offered by this site). I would be interested in hearing your feedback and advice on whether China is better to go alone or to go with a guided tour.

Or what about a compromise? A pre-booked tour and travel, but doing our own thing in each location?

Incidentally, I have travelled to several countries throughout Asia and lived in Thailand for several years, so I am an experienced traveller.

Thanks!
Jun 19, 2010 21:24
  • ELLIOTT
It is hard to say, they have different advantages. Tour agencies can help you with things that you may not qualified to handle or handle well. And they may arange the best destinations for your trip in China. As you see here in the site, have you already chose the final destinations simplely by reading through all of them? So for safety and efficiency, tour is good.
Jun 20, 2010 11:12
  • SOPHIAWU
I don't like to travel with travel agent.But it will be better you know somebody there. When you have some problems,you can ask for suggestion and they can help a lot.
Jun 21, 2010 10:45
  • ELLYSE
Where do you intend to visit in China?
Jun 21, 2010 11:01
GUEST15428 Hi Ellyse,

I'm not sure of the details, most likely the standard first time in China tour of Shanghai, Guilin, Xian and Bejing and surroundings. But that could change.

Jeff
Jun 21, 2010 22:41
  • ELLYSE
If that's the case I don't think you'd need to go with a package tour.
Jun 22, 2010 02:13
GUESTPEARL
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

If that's the case I don't think you'd need to go with a package tour.

But arrange your itinerary in very detail beforehand.
Post a Reply to: Tour or solo?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code