Menu
i want some shanghai travel tips!
Jun 25, 2010 07:49
  • PYEPYE
i will go to shanghai from Guangzhou in August,want to know some travel tips,include attractions,bars ,food,hotels , and so on.Anyone can share with me?
Jun 25, 2010 08:58
  • NICDOG
Bar Rouge
Some of Shanghai’s glitziest and most exclusive bars are located on the Bund, affording amazing views over the Pudong skyline. It’s normal to pay top dollar for this view, so be prepared. Bar Rouge, with its wide terrace, has a prime spot overlooking the river and the skyscrapers beyond. Inside, the décor is sleek and opulent, with a long bar running down the middle. The door charge is 100rmb unless there’s a special event, when prices are higher. The cocktails are especially good here, and you can expect to party until daybreak at weekends.
7F, Bund 18, 18 Zhongshan Dong Yi Lu, near Nanjing Lu
Mon-Thu: 6pm-2am
Fri-Sat: 6pm until late
Door charge: 100rmb

Zapata’s Mexican Cantina
Don’t let the name fool you. The only nod to a ‘cantina’ at Zapata’s is the tiny taco/quesadilla stall tucked just inside the entrance. What Zapata’s is famous for is its twice-weekly Ladies’ Nights, where dancing on the bar is all but mandatory, and daiquiris flow free for females. A meat market it may be, but for weekday fun, it’s a must. The second floor is less crowded, and has a small terrace from which you can observe the carnage below. Zapata’s comes into its own during the warmer months, thanks to its huge outdoor area. If it all gets too much, head next door to Sasha’s, where the atmosphere is a little calmer.

5 Hengshan Lu, near Dongping Lu
Daily: 5pm-late
Cuvee
This classy but cozy wine bar is situated in the Kangding 528 development north of Jing’an Temple, and offers a huge selection of wines, cocktails, spirits, and even cigars. There’s an outdoor terrace for warmer nights and a fireplace for winter. Become a member, and you get to store your wine selection in a cellar locker. Cuvee does a great weekend brunch too. Also in Kangding 528 is Kuluska, a sleek Basque tavern which serves tapas and northern Spanish snacks.
Building 103, Lane 528 Kangding Lu, near Xikang Lu

Cloud 9 Bar
Fancy sipping a cocktail at one of the highest bars in Asia? If so, head to the 87th floor of the Jin Mao tower where you’ll find Cloud 9, the Grand Hyatt hotel’s bar. There’s a minimum order of 110rmb, so make sure you get a west-facing table to make the most of the view over to Puxi.
87/F Jin Mao Building, 88 Shi Ji Da Dao, Pudong
Daily: 11.30am-2am

Bulldog
Formerly know as British Bulldog, this expat staple lost none of its English charm when it changed its name. Located in the heart of the French Concession, the Bulldog’s three floors of wood-paneled coziness, pool tables, traditional pub décor and British comfort food (the shepherd’s pie is amazing) make it a haven for nostalgic foreigners searching for a slice of home. There’s a quiz night on Thursdays, Men’s Night on Wednesdays, and themed parties throughout the year. Big screens show sport, and it’s buy-one-get-one-free on all drinks every night.
1 Wulumuqi Nan Lu, near Dongping Lu

Jun 25, 2010 20:55
  • PYEPYE
thank you nicdog,Where did you search this information? I want to know more? Because I’ll go to Shanghai next month. Thanks.
Jun 25, 2010 22:06
  • NICDOG
This information come from my Iphone app- Xtown, if you are using the iphone you can download this software to search more information from following link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xtown-shanghai-expo/id373236040?mt=8

Jun 26, 2010 15:43
  • ELLYSE
Do a search for "Shanghai travel".
Jun 27, 2010 09:24
  • JUDYTOO
In my opinion, use iphone travel app is development trend in the future! If I go to Shanghai,maybe I will try the"xTown"!
Post a Reply to: i want some shanghai travel tips!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code