Menu
Slow boat on the Li River?
Jun 26, 2010 11:44
  • JOKERONE
Hi,

I'm wanting to visit my brother who lives in Shanghai, and then spend about 1 week traveling the Li River area for Photography reasons.

I don't want to take a tour boat doing 30 knots past everything.

What are my options to take the slow tour? Can I get on and off tour boats at my own pace or is that something thats already set?

thanks
Jun 26, 2010 15:42
  • ELLYSE
Do the bamboo rafting on the Yulong River. That would be great for your photography.
Jun 26, 2010 15:50
  • JOKERONE
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

Do the bamboo rafting on the Yulong River. That would be great for your photography.

thanks. How big are the bamboo rafts? Also, how much would it cost?

thanks again
Jun 26, 2010 17:42
  • ELLYSE
They take 2 people usually, maybe a 3rd. Probably around 160-200 RMB for the raft (about 2 hours), I don't remember as I was there quite a few years ago.
Jun 26, 2010 18:17
  • JOKERONE
Quote:

They take 2 people usually, maybe a 3rd. Probably around 160-200 RMB for the raft (about 2 hours), I don't remember as I was there quite a few years ago.

ok, thanks
Jun 28, 2010 12:55
  • APAULT
The basic slow boat is from near Guilin to Yangshuo and takes over 4 hours, cost about 100rmb and you can get on the upper deck to take photos. The bamboo rafting can be taken on the main river but many are on a tributary just outside Yangshuo. If you choose bamboo rafting (it is NOT whitewater rafting) make sure you have good waterproof equipment because a standard fun activity is to use plastic pumps to spray other boaters, and get someone to ask the boatman to warn off other revellers.

There are also some smaller villages in the Guilin/Yangshuo area which as well as being photogenic themselves have some calmer bamboo rafting.

There has been quite heavy rain recently so boating might be curtailed for a while...I don't know.
Jun 28, 2010 13:00
GUEST33565
Quote:

Originally Posted by APAULT View Post

The basic slow boat is from near Guilin to Yangshuo and takes over 4 hours, cost about 100rmb and you can get on the upper deck to take photos. The bamboo rafting can be taken on the main river but many are on a tributary just outside Yangshuo. If you choose bamboo rafting (it is NOT whitewater rafting) make sure you have good waterproof equipmen...

Yes, I'm going to need something That can support 3 to 5 people and not allow $4,000 worth of camera equipemtn to get wet.

thanks
Jun 28, 2010 13:02
  • JOKERONE
Quote:

Originally Posted by APAULT View Post

The basic slow boat is from near Guilin to Yangshuo and takes over 4 hours, cost about 100rmb and you can get on the upper deck to take photos. The bamboo rafting can be taken on the main river but many are on a tributary just outside Yangshuo. If you choose bamboo rafting (it is NOT whitewater rafting) make sure you have good waterproof equipmen...

Hi,

Yes I’m going to need something that allows the weight of about 5 people and won’t get thousands of dollars of camera equipment wet. A medium size john boat would work if something like this is available. This will be a semi-professional photo shoot, so I need time to set up the shots.

thanks

y
Nov 2, 2011 06:10
Quote:

4 people 150-200RMB for 4 people .
Post a Reply to: Slow boat on the Li River?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code