Menu
Red envelope is really annoying!
Jul 5, 2010 04:03
How will you react when your friend invites you to attend his/her wedding? Happy or sad? Some guys are not happy. Why? They have to prepare a big red envelope for their friend. If you put little money into the red envelope, your friend will be unhappy. If you wrap a lot of money in the envelope, you will feel sad because you are not very rich.

Then a guy came up with an excellent idea. He just put a beautiful card inside the red envelope to express his blessings to his friend. Meanwhile, he said on the card that his friend could attend his wedding with his card in the future.

Guess how his friend reacted to his special red envelope? His friend just said I invited him to my wedding not for the red envelope and I was very happy that he could find time to attend my wedding. However, the parents of his friend were unhappy. They thought it was impolite to give a red envelope with no money inside.

This guy did not do this thing on purpose. He just graduated from the college and earned little money. Before his friend’s wedding, he already attended three weddings and sent 600 RMB out. He did not have enough money to wrap a big envelope for his friend.

It is true that some people collect money by inviting more and more people to attend their weddings. Dwelling narrowness, a popular TV series, depicts this phenomenon. A girl who just comes to a new company gives her wedding invitations to many colleagues no matter she is familiar with or not. The purpose is obvious, to collect money.

What will you do when you meet such a girl in the TV series?

Jul 5, 2010 14:16
  • CARLOS
Yea, money, money, money. Greed is inexhaustible natural recource.

Seems like everybody wants more and more and people and friendship are evaluated by money given.
Why do people want money instead of gifts? I think it is because people already have about all they need. Of course it is more western phenomenom, but if the amount is only for keeping ones face, not for represent friendship or warm feelings...

Moreover, giving money is boring, giving something self-made or something different is nice.

Carlos
Jul 6, 2010 02:49
  • ROVER
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

A girl who just comes to a new company gives her wedding invitations to many colleagues no matter she is familiar with or not. The purpose is obvious, to collect money.

What will you do when you meet such a girl in the TV series?

I’ll attend her wedding ceremony with a red envelop but will track it back one day no matter where she is, for I’m not married yet.
Jul 6, 2010 03:00
  • BL2022
One of my best friends will get married this autumn, who is also my primary school classmates. I cannot wrap a big red envelop for her, because I didn’t do this while my other primary school classmates got married. I also don’t want to wrap a big envelop for her, for money is not enough to express my best wishes. Instead, I’ll call her to give me a gift list, and then I’ll choose to buy one or more for her.
Jul 6, 2010 03:02
GUESTQWETGT They are so mean, they cannot have others paid their wedding cost.
Jul 6, 2010 04:00
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Moreover, giving money is boring, giving something self-made or something different is nice.

Carlos

Carlos, it is not popular to send self-made or something different and nice anymore. Many people believe that money is the best. You give them money and then they can buy whatever they like. Your self-made gift might look better in your eyes but you can not make sure that they will like it.
Jul 6, 2010 09:47
  • CARLOS
That´s what I mean, Cherry. More popular is to give money, because instead of respecting a thought people respect what or how much they get to themselves.

Now perhaps there is nothing wrong with it. All I´m saying that I feel very sorry that the respect for people or friendship is counted by the size or amount of the gift.

I have read quite many times, mostly here, people thinking that getting an invitation to someones wedding is not the most wanted thing in life, simply because people don´t have money too much to give away.

About those who really think negatively about people whose envelopes don´t contain as much money than they wanted.... perhaps later.

Carlos
Jul 6, 2010 21:19
  • ELLIOTT
Oh, it seems that I am fortunate to have few money wasted before on such weddings. But no lucky be free from the upcoming days in near future.
I heard about one that he even sent the number of bank account to his friends if they can not attend their wedding. Too greedy of him, most people in China are sort of courtesy to accept it...
Jul 7, 2010 02:14
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLIOTT

I heard about one that he even sent the number of bank account to his friends if they can not attend their wedding. Too greedy of him, most people in China are sort of courtesy to accept it...

Easy! I won't attend his wedding ceremony. I will call him the day after his wedding and say "Congratulations on your wedding! I am sorry that my short message box was full and I just saw your message today."
Jul 7, 2010 03:59
  • ROVER
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Easy! I won't attend his wedding ceremony. I will call him the day after his wedding and say "Congratulations on your wedding! I am sorry that my short message box was full and I just saw your message today."

So sly of you as well as clever, thanks for sharing. Say:" Sorry that I didn’t receive your wedding invitation."
Last edited by ROVER: Jul 7, 2010 04:00
Jul 7, 2010 22:40
  • CHERRY07
Another interesting thing I've found. The grooms and brides are not satisfied with those who just put a card inside the red envelope. But look at what they do.

We have such a tradition. When the groom picks up the bride, we usually find some ways to stop him, for example, the friends of the bride will hold the door and stop the groom coming in unless he gives some red envelopes. Do you know how much they put inside the red envelopes? One or two Yuan. He is too stingy.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Red envelope is really annoying!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code