Menu
Swedish feminists burn money to protest unequal pay!
Jul 7, 2010 02:57
  • CHARLOTT
Gender equality is a serious issue. A Swedish Feminist Party has burned 100,000 Swedish kronor ($13,000) to protest unequal pay. The money burnt represents the amount of money the country’s women miss on every minute compared with men.

According to the national statistics agency, the average salary in 2008 of women working full-time was about 19 percent lower than that of men.

Last edited by CHARLOTT: Jul 7, 2010 02:58
Jul 7, 2010 22:25
  • CHERRY07
Will they be punished? In China, RMB is protected by the law. People can not rip or burn it. Their behavior is too extreme. I don't think it is a good way. You can protest but you needn't burn the money to show your protest. If I were her, I would distribute the money to the women.
Jul 8, 2010 01:19
  • ROVER
God, i know that Swedish is rich. But i dont know they are rich enough to burn money.
Jul 10, 2010 01:45
  • BAKUI
While the swedish is burning their money, the zimbabweans are washing money with washing-machines for it is too smelly and dirty.

Jul 10, 2010 01:46
  • BAKUI
Washing money with a washing machine

Jul 19, 2010 21:12
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER

God, i know that Swedish is rich. But i dont know they are rich enough to burn money.

If somebody sponsored me, I would burn the money. They didn't burn their money. The money was sponsored by a company. The Sweden should establish a law to forbid people to burn the money. In China, it is illegal to burn or destroy RMB on purpose.

Jul 20, 2010 20:54
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

If somebody sponsored me, I would burn the money. They didn't burn their money. The money was sponsored by a company.

They won't burn their money. They already earn less money than males. If they burn their own money, they will suffer a great loss. I just think these women are too extreme. Why not protest in some other ways? Now I even doubt if it was just a show to attract people's attraction.
Post a Reply to: Swedish feminists burn money to protest unequal pay!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code