Menu
Lahm VS Ballack, who do you think is fit to be the captain??
Jul 7, 2010 04:11
  • DREAMLIFE
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 24 vote(s)
  2. 19 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Before the World Cup, Ballack got hurt and missed the chance to play for his country. Then the coach decided to let Lahm be the captain. Now Germany has advanced to the semi-finals with stunning victories. Lahm now refuses to give captaincy back to Ballack. He believes that they can do better without Ballack.

After hearing this, Ballack left South Africa before the game between Germany and Spain. Why did he leave so promptly? You may see it as a coincidence. But Ballack might be angry after hearing what Lahm said. Thus, he decided to go back home.

Who do you think is fit to be the captain? Do you think Germany will play better without Ballack?

Last edited by DREAMLIFE: Jul 7, 2010 04:12
Jul 7, 2010 23:01
  • JIMMYB
Lahm is stupid. Why did he say this before the semi-final? It is true that they've done a good job at this World Cup. But I think that they are too proud. Then they lost to Spain.
Jul 9, 2010 10:28
  • CARLOS
It is always said that if all goes fine, the team donĀ“t need the coach. Coach is needed when things go wrong. I think it is the same with captain. Germany would have needed their captain in the match against Spain. There was none, there only was some guy who wore the band.

About Ballack, I think Oezil played in Ballacks place better than Ballack himself would have played. Only perhaps Germany would have needed Ballack in the Spain match. Perhaps.

Loew was so afraid of loosing the match that he let Spain win. Spain is always giving its best when they control the middle field and Germany gave i to them without a fight.
This situation perhaps could have needed someone with so big ego that he can tell the coach what should be done. Perhaps Ballack could have been that kind of person.

Carlos
Jul 11, 2010 00:46
  • KEVIN0518
Carlos, I suppose Federer is a good example. He has no coach but he has already won 16 Grand Slams. However, I think that playing soccer is different from playing tennis. Playing tennis, you only have one rival (I mean single matches) to defeat. However, you have to cooperate with your teammates when you play soccer. Then the whole team needs an organizer. The coach is a necessity. On the pitch, you also need a guy who can unite all footballers together and leads them to success. Then a captain is needed.

Oezil plays very well but he is not Ballack. He can not unite all football players together.
Jul 11, 2010 13:11
  • CARLOS
Yep, team always needs a father or a big brother, someone to look up and to listen, someone from whom even the head coach would like to ask things.

It is 21:10, time to open beer can...

Carlos
Jul 11, 2010 20:05
  • CHARLOTT
My vote to Ballack. Just think Ballack looks more handsome than Lahm. Don't throw shoes to me.
Aug 6, 2010 07:37
GUEST05203 lahm is obviously the better captain and player the chealsea team would be perfect if it wasnt for ballack!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say ballack should go join another team he is so arrogant!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2010 01:34
GUEST2152
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST05203

lahm is obviously the better captain and player the chealsea team would be perfect if it wasnt for ballack!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say ballack should go join another team he is so arrogant!!!!!!!

Lahm is ambitious. But he shouldn't have made that speech in public. Ballack is back to Leverkusen. He might retire there. Anyway, he is getting older. His era has ended. The young guys have proved that they can play well even Ballack is absent.
Aug 10, 2010 01:26
  • DREAMLIFE
12:5. Lahm wins more support. It is bruel but this is the truth. When the team needs you, you are absent. Then they find a substitute and this guy played very well. So people forgot Ballack---the original captain.

Perhaps, Ballack needs to be generous. His era has gone. A new era has begun. Give the young guys a chance. A captain will retire or be replaced by his successor someday. Remember this and leave happily.
Jun 13, 2011 12:54
GUESTMUKESH Ballack era is over? ,,
He still plays the same football that he has been doing for past decade., only thing which ruined his career was himself joining to chelsea.,, Ballack for Euro 2012 ,, then retire.
Post a Reply to: Lahm VS Ballack, who do you think is fit to be the captain??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code