Menu
do you need a guide and friend in shanghai
Mar 15, 2005 00:52
  • CHINAGIRL
do you need someone to help you with Chinese. do you wanna understand the culture. do you need someone to show you where the good music is...where the good food is...where the fun things are...where the business things are...someone to use the telephone for you...my name is snow,27,live in shanghai,speak ordinary english,wanna make friends with foreign people ,to know things about other countries and understand their culture.
if you are going to live in shanghai and wanna find a chinese friend to help you with everyday life,please email me,my address is :hotmail.com|sunny_hhan,or 163.com|sunny_hhan, when you are in shanghai city.
Oct 1, 2005 09:26
  • JUJOLO
hi, I will be in shanghai, for work and fun, at
the hilton, from 4th to the 22nd of october, I
have many interests, and I would like to learn a
bit of chinese. I am non smoker, 40 y.o. male.
Like Salsa, sports, eastern culture and poetry,
meditation, tantra.

Oct 3, 2005 04:21
  • CAROLYNE
Hey, One of the major problems that I faced while travelling in china is not knowing chinese. Asking directions or hailing a cab or ordering in a retsurant is a big pain. I tried this service called www.chinahelpline.com...you can call 021-6100-9700 from anywhere in china and get connected, they have wonderful staff who help u in giving orders to anyone in chinese. just tell them what you want to tell the driver or waiter in english and they will converse with the person in chinese and make them understand , its pretty cheap also compared to hiring interpreters or getting robbed or wasting time. I just loved it .

So make sure you register online www.chinahelpline.com before you start your trip or call 021-6100-9700 to register once you are there. Its an extremely professional organization and very helpful and courteuos staff.

Cheers
Carolyn
Post a Reply to: do you need a guide and friend in shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code