Menu
China Visa
Jul 8, 2010 03:35
  • MONICAZENG
If you hold type of L China Visa.
1>L visa can be extend twice,each time one month 0/1 entry only.
Application Documents:
1.Passport with Current visa
2.Residence Registration Certificate in Beijing.
3.A recent 2-inch photo with pale blue background.
4.Documents certifying financial support for living cost in Beijing.(US$3000 or RMB21,000)
2>L to F is available.
Application Documents:
1.Passport with Current visa
2.Residence Registration Certificate in Beijing.
3.A recent 2-inch photo with pale blue background.
3>L to Z is always available.(If you want to stay in China for a long time.)
If you hold type of F China Visa.
F visa extension:
1>F visa for 3 months 0/1 entry,
2>F visa for 6 months 0/1/2/multi-entries.
3>F visa for 12 months multi-entries.
F to Z is always avilable.You the best choice.
If you hold type of Z China Visa.You are so luckily. You can renew Z visa anytime.
If you hold L/F visa , you want to apply for Z visa .(all the process need 26 working days in China)
step1:Applying for the working invitation letter(5 working days)and employment license(11 working days) in China.
step2: to fly to the nearest place you can go to Hong Kong with the employment license and letter and use them to apply for a temporary Z visa in HK or other country.
step3: come back in beijing with Z visa, then apply for the working permit(5 working days)
step4: application residence permit for one year , multi-entries.(5 working days)
monica
phone:15901281624
email:hotmail.com|monicazeng
Jul 9, 2010 17:38
  • APAULT
It always concerns me when these agents make statements that are untrue or misleading.

First, you can normally get two tourist L visas inside China but it is at the discretion of the issuing office. You are not usually asked to prove finances but can happen, especially for some nationalities.

The reference to Beijing residency: You need the residency certificate of the city you are applying in, and apply to the local PSB. Residency is achieved by registering at a hotel certified for foreigners (and must be for the night of the day you are applying, not the night before), or if you are in other accomodation you get it from your local police station (sometimes with a little effort!).

You most definitely cannot ever renew a Z visa. Your initial Z visa is converted into a residency permit. Subject to renewal of contracts (etc) the residency permit can be renewed. If you change job it can be transferred but only with co-operation of both employers and if you start well in advance.

Converting from F to Z is theoretically possible but only if you meet the conditions of getting a Z visa. It is very hard finding anyone who has obtained a Z visa on the mainland...most have to exit to get it. Z visas are only easy to get IF you and the employer meet all the conditions.

OK, visa agents have contacts and can 'oil the works' sand supply paperwork when you cannot get it yourself but it depends on the agent and the office they are dealing with. So, no doubt this agent can provide the services, but would be applicants should be wary of some of the general info they dish out in forums. The TCG info on obtaining visas is quite accurate but cannot cater for all circumstances.... see http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/introduction1.htm and its related pages.
Jul 10, 2010 11:47
  • JABAROOTOO
Agree with you Paul

There is a lot of misleading information here.

I and many others are discovering the current facts about Visas

I have had to send home for my old pssport which contains several Z Visa, 3 issued in Australia and one in HK

I got caught with a new passport and no Z visa. Option was to go home or send for old passport.

So if you have entered the country on and L visa F visa or X (student) beware you may find yourself asked return to your country of origin (no longer HK or Macau) to obtain a Z visa and then you will be issues residency for as long as you have working contracts.

You are now free to change employers without having to get a new Z visa as from 1st June 2010 as evidence by the fact that I was asked to produce a Z visa issued any time in the past.

Another colleague in the same position as me but with no old passport to fall back on has been issued a six month F visa and will need to return home to apply for a Z before she can continue to work here. Needs a new passport anyway so will kill two birds with one stone.

TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WITH NO Z VISA BEWARE
Post a Reply to: China Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code