Menu
Student visa extended
Jul 10, 2010 15:33
  • DORKY24
Hey all

I'm from the United States and have been studying in China for one semester. My student visa origrinally expired in June but i have been able to extend it to the end of July. Unfortunately this is not enough days. Is it possible for me to reapply for another visa in Hong Kong for around 10 days?

Thank you very much for your help!
Jul 10, 2010 21:37
  • NANCYMOON
Another X visa? With all your required documents, It is very convenient to get a new visa in Hong Kong. The general procedure lasts for 4 working days. But it may differ case by case. So, good luck!
Last edited by NANCYMOON: Jul 10, 2010 21:40
Jul 11, 2010 00:09
  • DORKY24
My apologies, i don't think i was clear in my post. I just need to get another visa for at least 10 or so days. My study abroad has already ended, but my plane doesn't leave until August and there are no earlier options. I was thinking about staying in Hong Kong, but it seems to be too expensive.
Jul 11, 2010 05:00
  • NANCYMOON
Your air ticket is from city of Mainland China to US? Only apply a new visa to re-enter China for your flight? With US passport, you do not need a visa to Hong Kong, Why don't you fly from Hongkong? anyway, it is possible to get one from Hong Kong.
Last edited by NANCYMOON: Jul 11, 2010 05:02
Jul 13, 2010 10:24
  • JABAROOTOO
Go to the PSB with your ticket and ask them to give you or extend your L visa until the date of your departure. It shouldn't be too difficult as you have a ticket. If they will not give you one then you'll have to leave for HK and apply for another L visa and return for your departure.

Post a Reply to: Student visa extended
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code