Who is lucky to win the Golden Boots?
Jul 11, 2010 02:08
  • KEVIN0518
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
  3. 1 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Last night, Germany defeated Uruguay and won the third place of the 2010 South Africa World Cup. Thomas Muller scored again. He has scored five goals. But David Villa, Wesley Sneijder and Forlan have also five goals.

If Villa and Sneijder both failed to score in the final, those four guys will be honored with Golden Boots together. While I don’t think that Villa and Sneijder are happy to share the prize with others. So they will try their best to score in the final.

If you are required to choose your favorite from these four guys, who will be your favorite? Who do you think is lucky to win the Golden Boots?

Jul 11, 2010 13:07
  • CARLOS
I read somewhere that if there are more players having scored as many goals, the given passes will be couted and now Muller is having the lead.

I wish Forlan would have won, somehow I like his way to play.

Carlos
Jul 11, 2010 20:24
  • JIMMYB
Carlos is right. Muller won the Golden Boots. He has 3 assists while David Villa only has one. So does Wesley Sneijder.

By the way, Forlan is the best player at this World Cup.
Jul 13, 2010 21:37
  • KEVIN0518
Casillas won the Golden Glove. Congratulations to him! He has done a great job. Without him, Spain wouldn't have won the World Cup.
Jul 14, 2010 13:31
  • CARLOS
Iniesta scored beautifully, he was the hottest player in the match. Bosque made a great move moving Iniesta into the middle and Villa to the left. Iniesta had plenty of places to score but he always tried to turn the ball to his right foot with no succee.

Sadly Iniesta showed his ugly side by diving and diving, no fair play there.

Before the goal Holland got a free kick which touched spanish player and then shoud have come a corner kick but Webb did not see it so Spain got up and won the match.

Carlos
Jul 14, 2010 23:14
  • KEVIN0518
Carlos,

Webb was too nervous to judge the final. He hesitated to give a red card to De Jong when he kicked Alonso. If he gave him a red card, Spain would win the match easily in 90 minutes.

I guess Webb didn’t give a corner kick to the Netherlands on purpose. He wanted the match to end quickly. If he gave the Netherlands a corner kick and the Netherlands scored. Both sides would go through penalty war. If Spain lost finally, the referee would be responsible for this. To avoid this, he gave Spain a gate ball.

On the other hand, the Netherlands played badly. They couldn’t kick the ball so they kicked Spanish football players. After the match, the coach even said that the referee was unfair. He should have thanked the referee for not giving a red card to De Jong. Otherwise, the Netherland might have been humiliated by Spain.
Jul 15, 2010 10:34
  • CARLOS
To Webb the final was very difficult, it would have been to anyone, not just him, because already in the first half there was two times Webb could have given red card but because it was the final, he then couldn´t. Yes, Netherlands played badly, rough and in addition to that they really were much worse than Spain so I think the gold went to where it should have gone.

Carlos
Jul 19, 2010 20:44
  • KEVIN0518
Webb burdened a lot of pressure during the final. If he made any mistakes, both sides would complain. But I think that a referee's responsibility is to let the match play fairly. Otherwise, he is not qualified to be a referee. According to a rumor, the coach of the Netherlands knew Webb very much. Then Webb did help the Netherlands in the match.

Jul 22, 2010 13:46
Webb was the best referee to do the final, it was the way the players of both teams played that made the game hard to referee, I'm very critical of referees usually but in this case I think Webb did as well as he could.

Alan
Jul 26, 2010 21:38
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTNORWOODGAS

Webb was the best referee to do the final, it was the way the players of both teams played that made the game hard to referee, I'm very critical of referees usually but in this case I think Webb did as well as he could.

Alan

He generally did a good job but he made mistakes. De Jong admitted that he deserved a red card for kicking Alonso. Before the World Cup, he did a terrible thing too. He kicked a American footballer and that guy lost the chance to play at South Africa World Cup.

The referee is from English Premier League. As far as I know, English Premier League is more fierce, a lot of physical contact. The footballers are very rude and wild. Their football skills are not as good as Spanish Liga.

English premier League referees don't judge the matches very restrictly.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Jul 26, 2010 21:40
Post a Reply to: Who is lucky to win the Golden Boots?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code