Menu
Zhuhai, China - Good or bad
Mar 15, 2005 02:58
  • FELIPE
Hi,

I need some information/advice from people in Asia. I am a UK citizen (but parents from HK...but that's irrelevant).

I am thinking of buying a house in Zhuhai, China. Does any have any thoughts about:

1) A foreigner investing in Zhuhai, i.e. Visa, tax?
2) Zhuhai as a location, i.e. good, up and coming
3) China's property market and stability?
4) Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe
Mar 15, 2005 08:47
  • MERMAID
Have you carried out any market investigation? Zhuhai is not potential economically.Zhuhai may not be an ideal place for investment.
Mar 15, 2005 11:50
  • NIHAOCHINA
Hi there! I was visiting Zhuhai couple of months ago. As to tourists,there wasn't much to see. Also,its not a good place for money either.as it doesn't have good economy there.But its a green city and small population. well, its a good place for the older people.:)
cheers
July
Mar 15, 2005 12:00
Yep, i cannt agree more than the above comment. Even Dongguan near Shenzhen would be a better place to invest your money. It is near Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
Mar 15, 2005 18:34
  • FELIPE
Wow....I'm surprised at your comments...I don't quite a lot of research and they all seem to be very positive...but maybe there were written to attract foreigner's?

I hear the Government are also thinking about re-evaluating the currency? Surely, this means it's a good time to invest?

Thanks for your comments!
Mar 16, 2005 08:50
  • MERMAID
If you read some Chinese finanacial magazine, you will find the truth.
Mar 16, 2005 10:48
  • NIHAOCHINA
Well, the only thing you could do is to pack yourself and fly to Zhuhai to take a look
cheers
Mar 16, 2005 10:49
  • MERMAID
Depression is the word for Zhuhai.
Mar 16, 2005 11:57
  • PEPPERMINT
It really depends on what you prefer, a better living environment or a profitable investment environment. Zhuhai is one of the SEZs but its GDP is not that ideal in the Pearl River Delta. The economic potentiality of Zhuhai is not bullish. Its economical achievement does not seem to be more outstanding than Jiangmen or Zhongsha, not to mention Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
You might have a glimpse of the city by the fatal conceit of Zhuhai International Airport. It is a huge loss due to erroneous decision. Zhuhai’s new urban plan sets Zhuhai as a high quality middle-sized city.
You may read that Zhuhai has a bright prospect but it is just forecast. You never know. Maybe a site investigation will help you to know more.
Dec 25, 2008 09:28
GUEST81362 Do you live in Zhuhai ? i visited in 2005 and thought it was nice but since I was single it seemed lonely, but the sea was very nice - thanks

CC
Feb 20, 2009 03:29
GUEST23514 I'm living in Zhuhai, and I can help you for more information. Please contact me at fragilesun#gmail.com

Please take @ instead of # when sending me an e-mail.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Zhuhai, China - Good or bad
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code