Menu
Domestic flights in China unreliable?
Jul 12, 2010 13:53
  • TEXAS80
I was talking to a guy who is from China and just came back to the US....we were talking about domestic flights. I told him my plan and he said that domestic flight schedules are very unreliable. He suggested I cancel all my flights and take the train. Another girl I work with who is from Xi'an said "I hate flying in China, you're at the gate then they tell you the flight moved to another gate"

I've already booked 5 domestic flights on Ctrip...should I be extremely worried about missing my flight due to schedule changes? From what I understand many announcements are not spoken in English so if a flight changes, I don't want to be screwed.

My biggest concern before this was wondering how to get a window seat.
Last edited by TEXAS80: Jul 12, 2010 13:58
Jul 12, 2010 21:03
GUEST01871 We just returned from China - out of our 5 domestic flights, 3 were changed several weeks in advance, and 1 was changed at the last minute. They did, however, put us on the next flight, about 60 minutes later.

We took the train and had trouble getting tickets. You will need to go to the train station and pay for you tickets a few days in advance. If you are carrying too many bags, they will search your luggage, etc... Not much fun when you don't speak Chinese.

Stacy
Jul 14, 2010 00:32
  • TEXAS80
I guess you can say take precautions when attempting any type of travel. Thanks.
Post a Reply to: Domestic flights in China unreliable?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code