Menu
China to hold 2026 World Cup?
Jul 18, 2010 03:12
  • DREAMLIFE
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 6 vote(s)
  2. 11 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
The South Africa World Cup has ended. Next World Cup will be held in Brazil, the kingdom of soccer. Why was 2010 World Cup held in South Africa? It might have something to do with the “hidden rule”. I’ve heard of it before. According to this rule, the World Cup will be held in all the five continents in the world. Then it is Africa’s turn to hold 2010 World Cup. And Brazil on behalf of South America will hold 2014 World Cup.

Well, a piece of breaking news might change this rule. A rumor says that China will compete for bidding 2026 World Cup. Wei Di, the president of China Soccer Association, says that China is capable of holding World Cup since it has successfully held 2008 Beijing Olympics. Besides, the FIFA hopes that China will compete for bidding of World Cup. Blatter has tried to persuade China Soccer Association several times to hold the World Cup.

Unfortunately, China has given up competing for 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Do you think China should hold World Cup?
Jul 18, 2010 03:36
GUESTETHAN I vote yes, although Chinese Soccer is not able to play well at the sight of his appearance on the stage.
Jul 18, 2010 23:07
  • JIMMYB
I strongly object to this stupid idea. If China plans to hold Women's World Cup, I will applause. Chinese women's soccer once won glory. What about Chinese Men's soccer? Only shame. They don't play soccer very well but they are very good at shopping.

You may say that China once played World Cup in 2002. Right, they did play at 2002 World Cup. Don't forget that Japan and South Korea didn't compete in elimination games. If they played, China would not have a chance. Also, I don't want to see China Men's team became another South Korea team. South Korea won the fourth place thanks to the referees. Withe their help, they eliminated Italy, Spain and Portugal.
Jul 19, 2010 20:54
  • KEVIN0518
"Besides, the FIFA hopes that China will compete for bidding of World Cup. Blatter has tried to persuade China Soccer Association several times to hold the World Cup."

Do you know why FIFA wants China to hold the World Cup? Because the FIFA can pocket milions of money from China. Just look at South Africa. It has spent a large amount of money to build the soccer stadiums and other infrastructure facilities. However, it is said that South Africa can not maintain all these stadiums. After the World Cup, no one knows how these stadiums will be treated.

By the way, the profit that South Africa has made at the World Cup is much less than their investments. On contrary, the FIFA has pocketed a lot of money.

Be smart! Don't risk your own money to help others make profits.
Jul 21, 2010 02:13
  • DREAMLIFE
Yesterday, Hamann, the president of AFC (Asia Football Confederation), came to China and had a talk with Wei Di, the president of China Football Association. According to him, currently four nations including Qatar, Japan, South Korea and Australia are competing for bidding 2022 World Cup. If one of the nations succeeds, Asia will wait for another 16 years to hold the World Cup again. In this case, it will not be a good idea for China to hold 2026 World Cup.

"Of course, if all of the four nations failed to bid 2022 World Cup, I would support all Asian countries to bid for 2026 World Cup. And I hope that China can succeed." Hamann said.

Let’s look at those four Asian countries--- Qatar, Japan, South Korea and Australia. Japan and South Korea once held 2002 World Cup. It is not likely that the FIFA will let them hold the World Cup again (my guess). Australia is said to bribe some officials of the FIFA. Now FIFA is investigating this matter. Qatar has little chance to hold the World Cup. And China has given up to bid for 2022 World Cup.

Thus, I guess that 2022 World Cup might not be held in Asia. China might succeed in holding 2026 World Cup. You see, the FIFA hopes that China can bid for 2026 World Cup and China is also willing to hold the World Cup.
Oct 18, 2010 01:33
  • KEVIN0518
Cheers. The president of Asian Football Association said that China had already given up bidding for 2026 World Cup.

"China will wait until 2030 or 2034 to hold the World Cup.", an insider said.

The China Football Association has realized its problem. The football scandal is not over yet. If thsi issue can not be handled, how can China bid for 2026 World Cup?
Post a Reply to: China to hold 2026 World Cup?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code