Menu
Train from Guilin to Chengdu
Jul 27, 2010 23:19
  • CARPEDIEM
I am trying to put together an itinerary for travel in China.
I have managed to get to Guilin and I need to catch a train to Chengdu.
I have read that train bookings are not accepted longer than 15 days before travel and less than 4 days before travel. Can't I just buy a train ticket at Guilin train station on the day? Please advise.
Jul 28, 2010 04:50
GUESTSDF Of course you can buy tickets at the railway station on the day. But I suggest you not doing this, for the tickets may have been sold out then.
Jul 28, 2010 16:38
  • CARPEDIEM
Thanks for the response. I appreciate your assistance. I am really enjoying sorting out my itinerary and the train travel looks excellent, but I have struck a couple of difficulties.
Can I buy a train ticket in advance at Guilin railway station for travel to Chengdu?
I am travelling from Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Guilin, Yangshou, Xingping, Guilin, Chengdu. It would be perfect if I could buy my Guilin to Chengdu o'night hard sleeper train ticket at the Guilin Rail Station, two days earlier.
Best regards,
Barbara
Jul 28, 2010 22:08
I think two days earlier is OK but not sure. You know, it's the summer holiday now and there are more travelers. Anyway, you can have a try. Good luck.
Jul 30, 2010 02:50
GUEST98118 hi
during summer holiday ,there are always much people,so the tickets problem ,you have to focus more attention on them,you would bettter book the tickets in advances.have you fun !
Post a Reply to: Train from Guilin to Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code