Menu
Going to Changsha
Aug 1, 2010 12:00
  • DREAMZ444
Hello TravelGuide,

Okay so for those experienced people in Changsha I have a few quick questions that maybe someone can give me more insight to this area.

I've lived in Shanghai for about two years but due to a little romantic love story i've chosen to move to Changsha to be with my possible soon to be wife how great eh. Haha Anyways regardless I just have a few questions,

1) Does anyone know of any trustworthy agencies to deal with in terms of Visa i'm sure there aren't as many as there are in Shanghai here but If someone does have experience in going through agencies for extension and what not for visa it would be great.

2) What's the life like there is it almsot the same as Shanghai? My chinese is pretty decent considering that i've lived in China already for a few years and also the fact that my girlfriend is chinese has helped so much. So in terms of getting around and speaking mandarin is not a problem for me at all. ?

3) What's the housing costs and what not over there look like and whats the expat community like there? Is there a huge population of expats or is it pretty much downsized?

4)Like anywhere else in the world every place has their bad spots and criminals but is this a relatively safe place to be living in as a expat? I mean i know of course you have your petty thieves and what not but i'm more or less wondering if the criminal level is at a bearable level to live in haha.

5)My girlfriend is a local Hunan girl so I don't think i should have to much problems in getting around also the fact that i can speak chinese fluently also is a big + but just wondering if there are any differences in culture in terms of shanghai vs changsha.

Thank you for all your help
Aug 6, 2010 02:04
GUESTPEARL I'll try to answer your queations:
2) It will be great if you can speak mandarin. It will save you a lot of trouble.
3) about RMB1,000 for an apt with 2 rooms.
4) Don't worry about the thief thing. It's a safe place to live in my point of view.
5) It's in the same country and the difference in terms of culture is not big.

It seems you have over-worried about this moving stuff. Take it easy, it's not that difficult as you have imagined.
Aug 7, 2010 08:42
  • DREAMZ444
Thanks so much for your reply but i guess the visa thing is still not 100% eh ?
Mar 28, 2012 01:12
  • UT_LOVABLE
Sorry for borthering, do you know a night train from Shanghai to Changsha? i would prefer one after 9pm and i would like to know if there's berth supported?
Mar 28, 2012 04:24
GUEST4215
Quote:

Originally Posted by UT_LOVABLE

Sorry for borthering, do you know a night train from Shanghai to Changsha? i would prefer one after 9pm and i would like to know if there's berth supported?

Yes. D641/D644 departs from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station at 22:06.

Search on the following page and book it in advance:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/shanghai-schedule.htm
Mar 28, 2012 20:18
GUEST61097 Thank you so much for your info
Post a Reply to: Going to Changsha
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code