Menu
Tang Shan Earthquake
Aug 2, 2010 22:05
  • RAINDROP
The Tangshan earthquake, also known as the Great Tangshan earthquake or GTE, was a natural disaster that occurred on July 28, 1976 in Tangshan, China. It is believed to be the largest earthquake of the 20th century by death toll.

Recently the movie, Tangshan Earthquake by Feng Xiaogang is showing on. Featured many well-known actors and actresses, this movie became a box-office success, about half a billion yuan within one week.

This movie evoked everyone’s tears although some people have found it full of loopholes. But my question is: Do you think it's all right to make a film of real disaster? How about it to the survivals? Personally, I don’t want to pay for a seat to watch it.

Aug 2, 2010 22:10
  • RAINDROP
sixty million was invested in the movie, excluding manpower and material resources put by Tangshan government.

Aug 2, 2010 22:36
GUESTLIUWEN I haven't watched this movie yet. My colleagues and frirends strongly suggest me that I should watch this movie It is very touching. But I am not going to watch it.

I admit that Director Feng is a top director. But it is not a good idea to make Tangshan Earquake as a commercial movie. I think that a documentary is good. The purpose is to let more and more people learn about the truth of Tangshan Earthquake.

And there are many goofs in the movie. The red bull (a kind of drink) and giant bicycles shouldn't have appeared during that time. Anyway, Feng is just a commercial director. Don't expect too much.
Aug 3, 2010 01:21
  • RAINDROP
Yes, it must be touching, for there are real stories about this terrible earthquake. Touching a person's sore spot is annoying, but this movie earns huge amount of profit. It is our pity to let an orphan retell his sad story again and again on the charity stage.
Aug 18, 2010 23:03
  • NANCYMOON
To treasure up the past is good, but I do prefer it by other acceptable ways, rather than a living replay.
Post a Reply to: Tang Shan Earthquake
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code