Menu
Multiple or single entry Visa?
Aug 3, 2010 13:35
  • NIJINI
My plan is to spend 1 year in china practicing tai chi chuan from february. I still don´t know where I will go but I have been searching and there are many choices. I am very fortunate and can take a "trial" trip by the end of september to visit and talk to the various schools(wudang, yangshuo...)
Should I get a one entry visa for this trip and then another one for the next one? All the schools have propmpted to help me get the student visa after I enoll with them from february and they recommend that I enter with a tourist visa.
Do fficials make a fuzz if I apply for a one year multiple entry visa? Anyone has any experience in that? I mean getting a visa knowing that you´ll need another one in ca. 6 months ?
I am writting from Norway,

By the way, any suggestion about taichi schools? I have been practicing Yang long form and find it difficult to find a school that does that in china, mostly Chen and Wudang Styles. The ones I found that do Yang style is usually the form 24( I´ve already spent a couple of months doing that in Yangshuo and I think that a whole year with only form 24 will not work for me.
Best regards and thanks in advance.
Aug 3, 2010 21:04
  • ELLIOTT
It is ok for you to apply a tourist visa to enter China. If all the schools you are going to visit are in mainland China, one entry visa is enough. Generally, you will get more chance to get a long stay visa if you can prove that you came to China twice in the previous year. Otherwise, you can get a visa with 30 days of duration, more likely. By the way, the tourist visa can be extended twice for another two months. so, good luck!
Aug 4, 2010 00:47
  • NIJINI
Thank you very much
Post a Reply to: Multiple or single entry Visa?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code